Flashing Lumia 920 with other firmware

julesonlinegoa

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a UNLOCKED Lumia 920 bought in the UAE which i use in India. If I suppose flash my Lumia 920 with a Firmware meant for UNLOCKED Lumia 920 in the US/Canada will i then receive firmware updates (OTA) when released in the US/Canada for the UNLOCKED devices?
The only reason i want to do this is because we living in the Asian Sub Continent are always deprived of the latest Technologies so to speak in this case updates for our phones. We get them only after months of them (UPDATES) being released elsewhere in the world.
Apologies for My noticeable frustration but its just not fair...

Huge Fan of NOKIA

Jithinmjose

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I too have the same doubt and frustration. I too bought from uae and using 920 in India. For eg, zinio app which is available in India can't be downloaded in my mob as it says my country doesn't support it. Actually India supports it but uae doesn't. But I'm trying to download it when I'm in India and its not working. Somebody help.

Jithin

Hi,

I have a UNLOCKED Lumia 920 bought in the UAE which i use in India. If I suppose flash my Lumia 920 with a Firmware meant for UNLOCKED Lumia 920 in the US/Canada will i then receive firmware updates (OTA) when released in the US/Canada for the UNLOCKED devices?
The only reason i want to do this is because we living in the Asian Sub Continent are always deprived of the latest Technologies so to speak in this case updates for our phones. We get them only after months of them (UPDATES) being released elsewhere in the world.
Apologies for My noticeable frustration but its just not fair...

Huge Fan of NOKIA

anees_a

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just change the Country/Region (settings>language+region>Country/Region) to India/any country u want, restart the phone go to store download.

U might not be able to buy some apps if isn't available in india store.

I stay in Dubai, and keep changing my country to download apps, as for uae apps i pay using my uae account and for indian apps use indian account using Paypal.

It is due to low market share as UAE gets updates late as ur phone is tied to use region.

anees_a

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Just change the Country/Region (settings>language+region>Country/Region) to India/any country u want, restart the phone go to store download.

U might not be able to buy some apps if isn't available in india store.

I stay in Dubai, and keep changing my country to download apps, as for uae apps i pay using my uae account and for indian apps use indian account using Paypal.

It is due to low market share as UAE gets updates late as ur phone is tied to this region.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
If I suppose flash my Lumia 920 with a Firmware meant for UNLOCKED Lumia 920 in the US/Canada will i then receive firmware updates (OTA) when released in the US/Canada for the UNLOCKED devices?

Yes, you get updates according to your firmware. But DONT flash the us/canada firmware as its for a different phone (RM-820 vs the RM-821 you have).
Maybe flash with some other firmware? Maybe a european or aussie one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss