I need help! 620 from uk three unlock failed.

giotrashs

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I brought the Nokia Lumia 620 from 3. It works fine with the 3 sim card, but not other company's sim. Though 3 said the lumia 620 is sold unlock. I got the sim-locked 620. Anyway, I requested an unlock code from them. and I received the code. However the 20 digits code I got from them is not working on my lumia 620. what can I do? The 3 customer service is now trying to put all the responsibilities to Nokia...Saying they are nothing to do with the unlock code...

And the strange thing is that the unlock counter is 10 initially. And when I input the code. It changed to 9 and said 'incorrect pin'. Then no matter how many times I tried. The counter still shows 9, and said 'sim error'...When I power off the phone and turn it on again, the counter reset to 10 automatically...

Anyone can help? I have called the customer services more then ten times, and got no solution. I wonder anyone here facing the same problem?
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to WPCentral!

First things first, if 3 said they would give you a working unlock code then my view is they need to do that or refund anything they have charged you for it. Getting to speak to someone at 3 can be a bit of a battle, but my past experience with them is to ring and select the "if you are thinking of leaving" option you get through to someone helpful.

There are plenty of other sources for Lumia unlock codes. Myself and others have purchased codes via fonefunshop.co.uk (not a recommendation or endorsement) - going rate for a 620 unlock code seems to be around ?25.

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Fonefunshop.co.uk cannot unlock the phone yet. I got it unlocked from another site which cost ?36. However, since they told you that it would unlocked and found out that it is not and then the code they gave you was incorrect, talk to them! Do what markfive says or go to a store.

giotrashs

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I wonder Nokia can regenerate the unlock code for me without taking my 620? Coz that is what 3 customer told me. They said they have told nokia to compile the new code for me? I doubt that.

giotrashs

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but it seems go to the store wont help. since they say the unlock issue is only related to the customer services. they have nothing to do with the unlock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett