South Africa Vodacom Lumia 920 Users 1308 Firmware Update

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting patiently :straight: now for about 3 weeks for the "1308" firmware update for my Nokia Lumia 920 on Vodacom, I literally force my phone to check for updates every few hours now and it is driving me insanely bonkers, especially because the firmware for my specific phone model and carrier has been sitting on Navifrim for nearly two weeks :crying: !

Has anyone on Vodacom started to receive the update yet? If not, has anyone in the "Vodafone Group" received the update worldwide, as Vodacom and Vodafone are closely linked, Vodafone being it's parent company. Thank you :excited:

Darryl83

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, constantly checking for updates, even tweeted Vodacom and all they said was that they'd get back to me. This was last week sometime, despite Nokia also showing on its website that the 1308 should be the current firmware.

I'm looking at manually flashing my phone with Nokia Care Suite, since 1314 (I think it is?) is now showing up on the Navifirm servers. Backing up everything and giving NCS flashing a shot, let's bypass the big corporates that rest on their laurels.

Will let you guys know how it goes.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I just checked for updates and my phone seems to be downloading a little somethin' somethin' :grin: I just hope this is it...will be interested to see what firmware version it is, already my phone bounces between edge, HSDPA, HSPA+ and LTE. So gunning on the 1314 firmware...but accorind to a recent article apparently the 1314 firmware is starting to rollout globally. So we may either get it really soon, or right now. DO NOT flash your phone. Nokia is shutting down it's servers to the public and you may just render your phone useless.

Check for updates!!!

abudharr

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
i need it too i have a black lumia 920 on cell c i want the update, can't wait any longer... Nokia Pro cam app, can't wait to get my hands on it

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
i need it too i have a black lumia 920 on cell c i want the update, can't wait any longer... Nokia Pro cam app, can't wait to get my hands on it

When I opened this thread it was regards to the 1308 firmware update for Nokia Lumias. The update you are referring to is the GDR2+ Amber update which allows you to utilize applications such as Nokia Pro Cam and the Smart Cam app. However, I do know that Cell C branded devices don't get updated as quickly as Vodacom branded devices.

This link will take you to the Nokia support page witch shows you the GDR2+Amber rollout status for various countries and carriers within Africa....hope this helps!

Availability in Africa - Nokia

abudharr

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
ok... is there any way to get the update any sooner than a stupid networking blocking it? I've download the Nokia updater retailer 3.0.8 but it's giving me an error, saying some like it's not compatible with my operation system or something like that... need the update can't wait... on the link you've post what i don't see cell c on there on south african side

abudharr

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
still nothing here as well, still waiting for mine on cell c, status still showing coming soon... my friends got theirs on vodacom

abudharr

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
updated my nokia lumia 920 on the cell c network, enjoying my nokia pro cam app, phone feels faster, and better, and the ringtones sounds alot different

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos