Lumia 620 Power Button Broke

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My 620 power button is starting to stick, feels different when pressing it as well from first few weeks it was fine now its ready for just jamming must be a fault with the cover or the actual button! Crappy build on the button front Nokia!!

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My 620 power button is starting to stick, feels different when pressing it as well from first few weeks it was fine now its ready for just jamming must be a fault with the cover or the actual button! Crappy build on the button front Nokia!!
Take the shell off and see if it's really stuck.
If it is, try getting it unstuck by playing around with it from inside the shell.
I used to have this problem, and that fixed it.

givgiv

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Same issue here, power/lock button is not really working... had my phone about 4 months. I have tried a different 'case' and no change, still the issue.
It works now and then, like every 1 in 20 presses, i also tried without the case on... and the same thing.. it still presses in and makes the 'click' sound.. but doesn't actually do anything.. maybe again 1 in 20 presses. Was working fine and then one day... not.
Im going to send mine in for repairs as it is SO annoying to unlock/lock the phone.

Last edited:

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Same issue here, power/lock button is not really working... had my phone about 4 months. I have tried a different 'case' and no change, still the issue.
It works now and then, like every 1 in 20 presses, i also tried without the case on... and the same thing.. it still presses in and makes the 'click' sound.. but doesn't actually do anything.. maybe again 1 in 20 presses. Was working fine and then one day... not.
Im going to send mine in for repairs as it is SO annoying to unlock/lock the phone.

You can press and hold camera button to unlock phone, until you send it for fix.
I had same problem, and my phone doesn't have warranty. I took it to a Nokia Care Center, and they fixed it for 300,000 IRR (~10$).

Danielle Williamson

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
okaii so i am so annoyed! I had the nokia lumia 620 in feb and the volume button broke after about 5 months, took it in couldn't repair it got a new one free n stuff, got the new one last week on the 18th and the power button has just broken so I cant unlock it or anything, I am actually so annoyedd!! I never want one of these phones ever again!

Vinu V Nair

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Same problem reported by my dad on his 620. Asked him to take it to the Nokia care center. I gave it to dad after a months usage, back then i had issues with volume down key (Nokia care guys fixed it after two visits to their shop, replaced the volume button - the microswitch kind of panel attached to the main board.)

Lumia2012

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had similar sticking/broken volume up button. The actual button on the main body (not the case) has gone too deep in. This model, or perhaps those that have swappable covers, seem to be in danger of having these button issues. Unibody next time for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo