Nokia Lumia - 24 hours (After Switching from Android)

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your experience. I also just ordered Lumia 720 last night, should get it in the next few days. I ordered the red color.
I am currently using Android and have decided to switch to WP.
From what I read and see, it's a light OS, no lag, simple, very intuitive and I need a basic phone without too complicated.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Also, don't use the button to take pics, tap the screen on the area of the pic you want to focus in on. Tapping the screen tells the camera to adjust on what you are trying to capture, while the button will just take the pic as is. :)

2rooi123

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Switched from an xperia S to lumia 720 and my experience has been nothing short of fantastic! I don't know what nokia did but the windows platform is such a convenience to use and very seamless in integrating all your basic needs and more. I have been a nokia user eversince the 5110/3310 days and i predict nokia will rise back to the top of the mobile phone industry sooner than later. Windows phone 8 is magical and you need to experience it to get what i mean. Android is laggy and IOS is same the old OS. Back to the topic, my lumia 720 oozes quality the moment you hold it in your hands. The windows OS is very smooth and easy to use for beginners. It is clearly geared towards integration. Regardless of the 720 being a dual core and 512mb ram, it is blazing fast. The messaging and telephony capabilities is simple and thats what i like about it. You feel at home. Call quality is the best and the speaker is pretty loud. The Camera captures detailed photos and the low light technology being implemented in these Carl Zeiss Optics is very good. Way better than my dad's galaxy s3 and note 2. I shall await the rumoured nokia windows phablet because from now on, i will stick to the real king which is nokia. Cheers to all other fellow 720 users and upcoming ones! :)

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Viewfinder is grainy here also but no grains on the output camera pictures.

I see grains in the picture if zoomed in, maybe because the screen is 420p, will have to check the pics on a computer.
I can say that my images are nowhere near what I have seen in reviews.

coconutxyz

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
since you wrote a review, i have a question regarding the frequency of apps resuming screen and fluidness while switching between apps. i'm currently using 3gs on ios 5 and setting app took more than 3 seconds to load which is a PITA when in a hurry, thanks for the answer^^

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
monsta007, mind if I use this quote? Very nice.

Some of you may argue that WP has a lot lesser apps compared to Android, but hey would you install 10 apps that want to know what color underwear you are wearing, or would you install 1 app that does what it should do without bothering your privacy? I prefer the latter.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
i think he wants to add songs to an existing playlist.

You can do that by playing the playlist, going to your music list, picking your song and pressing "add to now playing" as mentioned before. Save it as a new playlist. You'll have an extra playlist now with that added song/s.

As for removing something from the playlist...I don't know how you could do that on the phone.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
View it on PC or with the HD Photo Viewer app.
I saw it on HD Photo Viewer, minor improvements but still grainy, have to check on PC.
since you wrote a review, i have a question regarding the frequency of apps resuming screen and fluidness while switching between apps. i'm currently using 3gs on ios 5 and setting app took more than 3 seconds to load which is a PITA when in a hurry, thanks for the answer^^
Apps switch extremely quick here, no lags of any kind. I am not sure what is "PITA"?
Apps load in 2 secs or so :), if those are games it may take a bit longer depending on what device you are on, but hey I don't play games.
monsta007, mind if I use this quote? Very nice.

Some of you may argue that WP has a lot lesser apps compared to Android, but hey would you install 10 apps that want to know what color underwear you are wearing, or would you install 1 app that does what it should do without bothering your privacy? I prefer the latter.

No thats a copyrighted quote and I've already filed a patent application for it :p, feel free to use it.

hate_college_boy

May 21, 2013
Visit site
...i've used samsung galaxy....a motorola defy....an htc sv....nd nw jt bought the L720 a week ago...best phone ever.....itz perfect for me.....the battery is legendary.....the music is great.....it jzt need a bit of learning....nd i own a red one....kinda flashy bt comeon....it deserves to be shown off at parties.....

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
IMHO Music Player on WP8 is confusing and featureless. You cant even easily play shuffle all.
Also there is a bug, if you come back and hit on paused square right above "Music" text, it links to another application.
On the Lumia 720 the sound output is pretty low as well. My ipod video kicks its.
Agreed as I input around 500-1000 or so songs (various albums) in 1 go and create playlists on the move, its quite a task to do that on the wp8, maybe I still have to learn a lot of moves here lol.

I'm not used to syncing the phone via zune/pc manager software, as I dumped the folders as is and created the favorites list while I was on the move.

1 more thing that surprises me is that there is no 'favourites' list, I do see a heart icon beside the album art, i did tap on that but is there a list of songs that have a heart tap mark on them?

Last edited by a moderator:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
IMHO Music Player on WP8 is confusing and featureless. You cant even easily play shuffle all.
Also there is a bug, if you come back and hit on paused square right above "Music" text, it links to another application.
On the Lumia 720 the sound output is pretty low as well. My ipod video kicks its.

If you are using the default earphones, the sound*will* suck, I use JBL J22i, can't hear above 18-20/30

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

All you need to do to shuffle all is from the song list tap play at the top then when the first song is playing tap the shuffle icon next to the album inck

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

the "bug" is not the music player at fault. Whatsapp uses the audio API to stay alive in the background, which is why when you tap that square, whatsapp opens. If you use stop the music, it will get rid of that "bug" but won't let whatsapp run causing lack of notifications etc.

parijatkumar05

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I see grains in the picture if zoomed in, maybe because the screen is 420p, will have to check the pics on a computer.
I can say that my images are nowhere near what I have seen in reviews.

See in PC...its awesome. superb detail. I bought lumia 720 2 days back and i too was very disappointed but today I saw the pics on PC and m very happy now. :)

Sanket Lite

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You can save the screenshots on wp. download app screenshots wxga, there u will c the screenshot images, after that resize them, saved images will b in saved picture album..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo