02-16-2014 03:49 AM
57 123
tools
    Why the timer? Why not just leave it on charge overnight? There's no damage to the battery by leaving it charging as the logic in the charging circuit turns off the charging current when it's fully charged. And the switchmode wall plug charger uses next to zero power when not pouring charge into the phone. So there doesn't seem to be anything to gain by using a timer.
    no damage? that's new info for me.. i've been using wall plug timer because of the info that cellphone stores here says that overcharging damages battery....
    causing battery "leak" where it drops fast...
    i thought it was a legit info because i knew it from the stores :|
    05-07-2013 03:15 AM
    no damage? that's new info for me.. i've been using wall plug timer because of the info that cellphone stores here says that overcharging damages battery....
    causing battery "leak" where it drops fast...
    i thought it was a legit info because i knew it from the stores :|
    Not to be too cynical (and yes, I'm generalising), but most store employees know bugger all at any technical level about the products they sell. The info about overcharging is a left over from the old days of 'dumb' transformer-based wall bricks and dumb phones. These days the smarts in the battery and charger circuitry take care of the details.
    05-07-2013 03:23 AM
    dont think anyphone i had that worked properly had issues overnight charging. if it did, my phone would explode?
    05-07-2013 01:04 PM
    the battery life of the lumia 620 is appalling wont even last a day and yes i have everything switched off i have owned nokias for over 15 years but after i return this one i may never buy a nokia again
    06-09-2013 08:43 AM
    the battery life of the lumia 620 is appalling wont even last a day and yes i have everything switched off i have owned nokias for over 15 years but after i return this one i may never buy a nokia again
    if you're coming from Symbian the battery life is going to be much lower due to spec and architecture differences. Beyond that, Nokias biggest issue with the Lumia line seems to be consistency. Even with WP7 battery life would vary dramatically from device to device. I don't know if they had to make cuts in QC/QA to stay afloat, but seems like no matter which device you're talking about some people get poor battery life and some people get amazing battery life. It's very strange. Might even be an issue with their battery supplier.
    06-09-2013 09:09 AM
    I charged my phone 100% before sleep and when i wake up it was just 40% , I have my data, location, wifi, bluetooth everything switched off and no tabs open but still it happens . Can someone help me. My phone is 2 months old and it happens for past 15 days.
    06-09-2013 11:32 PM
    Now I'm getting 1 day+ backup with wifi ON whole day
    06-10-2013 12:19 AM
    Windows OS has many battery issues. Because many back end applications working while internet start. And also graphics cards use for high picture quality so for that reason windows phone battery work less.
    06-10-2013 01:01 AM
    Windows OS has many battery issues. Because many back end applications working while internet start. And also graphics cards use for high picture quality so for that reason windows phone battery work less.
    far better than Android though
    06-10-2013 02:06 AM
    If, as you have stated, everything is switched off and you still get less than a day of charge, then I would suggest you either have a faulty handset that needs to be repaired/replaced, or there is a rogue app running in the background using power (WhatsApp, Facebook and HERE Drive beta are all suspect in this regard).

Try this test. Restore phone to factory defaults. Set up phone with your Microsoft account, but DO NOT install any apps other than those that come with the Phone. Do all updates, and turn of HERE Drive in the Background apps settings. Now use your phone for a few days with data on (and/or wifi if that's applicable) and see how the battery goes (you'll need to try it for at least two charges because there's a bit of background syncing that goes on just after your phone is set up that can chew through some battery life). If it lasts more than a day (indeed it should last a couple), your phone is OK.
    ssps likes this.
    06-10-2013 09:11 PM
    I charged my phone 100% before sleep and when i wake up it was just 40% , I have my data, location, wifi, bluetooth everything switched off and no tabs open but still it happens . Can someone help me. My phone is 2 months old and it happens for past 15 days.
    Did you install Whatsapp 15 days ago? My battery drain overnight is about 15% with everything on. After installing Whatsapp yesterday the battery drain was about 50% for last night, no settings changed. Whatsapp gone...
    06-11-2013 07:02 AM
    Did you install Whatsapp 15 days ago? My battery drain overnight is about 15% with everything on. After installing Whatsapp yesterday the battery drain was about 50% for last night, no settings changed. Whatsapp gone...
    I have whatsapp for 2 months , problem is i installed couple of fitness tracking apps and it was running in the background along with nokia drive. Once i killed the apps in background tasks everything is back to normal.Thanks to ozrob for the instructions.
    06-11-2013 11:25 PM
    With moderate Whatsapp (2.9.4), Facebook, Here map, and camera usage during weekend over cellular data, I get about 10-20% remaining after 7-8 hours (after fully charged). I carry around Nokia DC-16 portable charger for weekend outing, so far no problem. I think Whatsapp toast notification is killing it (turning on the lockscreen everytime a message comes in).

During weekday (working at office), 5-10 minutes Facebooking/Whatsapping 3 times daily (morning commuting, lunch break, and after office), 15 minutes music playing on car audio over bluetooth 2 times daily, plus 30-45 mins in the evening as WiFi hotspot (on cellular data) for 2 iPads, it leaves me at 10-20% after 2 days.

NFC always off. Only allow Weather Channel app for background task. I turn off cellular data and 3G when not opening any app. I switched on airlplane mode when I sleep (8 hours).

So far, I'm not complaining. Although I'm also not praising it. I bought a BL-4J and keep it as a backup in case the existing battery failed in a year. (I'm a bit worried about the battery lifecycle considering its frequent charging.)
    Last edited by rianash; 06-12-2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: clarity
    06-12-2013 12:13 AM
    Now I'm getting 1 day+ backup with wifi ON whole day
    how the hell is that possible? You mean you just Have WiFi on and you don't use the phone? Lol
    06-12-2013 06:02 AM
    hi everyone. Battery prob in my lumia 620. I kept for charge at night around 11 and i unplugged it in the morning at 7 and suddenly the estimated time showed me 21hrs 49min, i taught it might b ok but later on it showed me 21hrs only whenever i did full charge. So i think 620 battery is gone. Before and all it was coming around 26 to 28 hrs but now because of over charge its showing 21hrs, should i go to nokia care or is it normal?
    06-17-2013 11:37 PM
    hi everyone. Battery prob in my lumia 620. I kept for charge at night around 11 and i unplugged it in the morning at 7 and suddenly the estimated time showed me 21hrs 49min, i taught it might b ok but later on it showed me 21hrs only whenever i did full charge. So i think 620 battery is gone. Before and all it was coming around 26 to 28 hrs but now because of over charge its showing 21hrs, should i go to nokia care or is it normal?
    The estimated time is just that - ESTIMATED. It is not always accurate. It is also based on previous usage patterns, so it will change over time. It 'learns' how much you use your phone and adjusts the estimate based on that. So every time you charge it the estimated time may be a bit different. This is nothing to worry about.

So no, you don't need to go to Nokia Care. And no, you CAN'T overcharge the battery. The inbuilt charging circuitry makes overcharging impossible.

Just USE the phone and see what sort of battery life you get. If you're getting a full day with medium to heavy usage you're doing fine.
    Naveen Navi V likes this.
    06-18-2013 01:07 AM
    Dont go by estimate time, go by actual time it takes you have to recharge the battery.

if your estimate time says 21 hours right this second and you play 1 hour of a video straight, you think it will say 20 hours left? Of course not, the 1 hour of video will drain you battery probably by 20% and your estimated time will adjust to maybe 4 or 5 hours left.
    broar94 likes this.
    06-18-2013 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone, i was having a battery issue with my lumia 620 so thought to make a thread but then i saw this thread so im posting it here.
    Well to the point, i today lost 22% in 4:30min without any particular usage, just opened the screen in the middle to check if i had some notifications but i didnt have any so is this normal or anything is wrong here?

Additional info: GPS was off, WiFi was on and connected.

Thanks.
    06-18-2013 09:42 PM
    Hi everyone, i was having a battery issue with my lumia 620 so thought to make a thread but then i saw this thread so im posting it here.
    Well to the point, i today lost 22% in 4:30min without any particular usage, just opened the screen in the middle to check if i had some notifications but i didnt have any so is this normal or anything is wrong here?

Additional info: GPS was off, WiFi was on and connected.

Thanks.
    Probably some app was draining the battery. Anything running in the background?
    06-19-2013 12:17 PM
    Probably some app was draining the battery. Anything running in the background?
    yeah 3 apps were running..
    06-19-2013 06:16 PM
    yeah 3 apps were running..
    and those apps were...

(HINT: a little more information might go a long way to allowing people to help you solve your problem. Just saying "my battery is draining, there were three apps running the background" doesn't really give us a whole lot to go on.)

And have you done a soft reset to see if this fixes the battery drain (hold Power and Volume Down buttons for about 15 secs)?
    06-19-2013 07:51 PM
    I use it when necessary,but phone is connected to WiFi full day
    06-20-2013 04:13 AM
    how the hell is that possible? You mean you just Have WiFi on and you don't use the phone? Lol
    I use it when necessary,but phone is connected to WiFi full day
    06-20-2013 04:14 AM
    Hello:
    I just bought the Lumia 620 and battery life is horrible. What was your experience with the:
    Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is FREE SHIPPING GOLD 2430MAH HIGH CAPACITY REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR NOKIA C6/C6-00 BL-4J
    - does it go inside the Lumia 620 without modification?
    - does it overheat?
    - did it improve battery life by much?

What do you suggest?

Thanks!
    07-14-2013 09:41 AM
    What do you suggest?

Thanks!
    Give it a few days, a few more charge and discharge cycles and things should settle down. Oh, and your battery life should improve too.
    07-14-2013 07:00 PM
57 123