Lumia 620 Battery Issue?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone. Battery prob in my lumia 620. I kept for charge at night around 11 and i unplugged it in the morning at 7 and suddenly the estimated time showed me 21hrs 49min, i taught it might b ok but later on it showed me 21hrs only whenever i did full charge. So i think 620 battery is gone. Before and all it was coming around 26 to 28 hrs but now because of over charge its showing 21hrs, should i go to nokia care or is it normal?

The estimated time is just that - ESTIMATED. It is not always accurate. It is also based on previous usage patterns, so it will change over time. It 'learns' how much you use your phone and adjusts the estimate based on that. So every time you charge it the estimated time may be a bit different. This is nothing to worry about.

So no, you don't need to go to Nokia Care. And no, you CAN'T overcharge the battery. The inbuilt charging circuitry makes overcharging impossible.

Just USE the phone and see what sort of battery life you get. If you're getting a full day with medium to heavy usage you're doing fine.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone. Battery prob in my lumia 620. I kept for charge at night around 11 and i unplugged it in the morning at 7 and suddenly the estimated time showed me 21hrs 49min, i taught it might b ok but later on it showed me 21hrs only whenever i did full charge. So i think 620 battery is gone. Before and all it was coming around 26 to 28 hrs but now because of over charge its showing 21hrs, should i go to nokia care or is it normal?

Dont go by estimate time, go by actual time it takes you have to recharge the battery.

if your estimate time says 21 hours right this second and you play 1 hour of a video straight, you think it will say 20 hours left? Of course not, the 1 hour of video will drain you battery probably by 20% and your estimated time will adjust to maybe 4 or 5 hours left.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, i was having a battery issue with my lumia 620 so thought to make a thread but then i saw this thread so im posting it here.
Well to the point, i today lost 22% in 4:30min without any particular usage, just opened the screen in the middle to check if i had some notifications but i didnt have any so is this normal or anything is wrong here?

Additional info: GPS was off, WiFi was on and connected.

Thanks.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, i was having a battery issue with my lumia 620 so thought to make a thread but then i saw this thread so im posting it here.
Well to the point, i today lost 22% in 4:30min without any particular usage, just opened the screen in the middle to check if i had some notifications but i didnt have any so is this normal or anything is wrong here?

Additional info: GPS was off, WiFi was on and connected.

Thanks.

Probably some app was draining the battery. Anything running in the background?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
yeah 3 apps were running..

and those apps were...

(HINT: a little more information might go a long way to allowing people to help you solve your problem. Just saying "my battery is draining, there were three apps running the background" doesn't really give us a whole lot to go on.)

And have you done a soft reset to see if this fixes the battery drain (hold Power and Volume Down buttons for about 15 secs)?

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello:
I just bought the Lumia 620 and battery life is horrible. What was your experience with the:
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is FREE SHIPPING GOLD 2430MAH HIGH CAPACITY REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR NOKIA C6/C6-00 BL-4J
- does it go inside the Lumia 620 without modification?
- does it overheat?
- did it improve battery life by much?

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
What was your experience with the:
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is FREE SHIPPING GOLD 2430MAH HIGH CAPACITY REPLACEMENT BATTERY FOR NOKIA C6/C6-00 BL-4J
- does it go inside the Lumia 620 without modification?
- does it overheat?
- did it improve battery life by much?

I haven't used this battery myself, but when I did some Google searches on it the consensus seemed to be that it's a fake. Some people even reported worse battery life than the original 620 battery. So approach with caution.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why will this help? How does a few charge and discharge cycles improve a Lithium-Ion battery?

Hmm, I feel my L620 battery improved after using(been charging normally ) for a month. It's showing better estimated time as well, and after learning how to use WP8 . It's all in the game :)

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I feel my L620 battery improved after using(been charging normally ) for a month. It's showing better estimated time as well, and after learning how to use WP8 . It's all in the game :)

The software will show better estimated times as your usage patterns settle down. But this has no impact on actual battery life. Nor does charging/discharging or using the phone for a period of time. Lithium Ion batteries don't benefit from 'conditioning' and don't suffer 'memory' effects. The only reason people think the battery life gets better after a few days/weeks of use is that after a while they stop 'fiddling' with their phone as much, so the screen is not always being switch on for no reason - hence battery life gets better.

c mathiazhagan

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Use a BL-5J 1430 mAh Nokia battery. It fits in 620 and gives 10% extra life. It is cheaper, safer, and 1g lighter too. The original BL-4j can now be used as a spare on longer trips.

sinjon76

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i've been getting the same problem but i noticed it's nothing to do with the charge you have in it if you take the battery out you notice that where the three pins sit into the battery on the battery it self the lock pin connection i can only think to it the middle one which is the earth always seems to be lose to connect to the phone properly and you will also find that this also gives your phone a turn off / on mind of its own i've now bought two battery's and both have done the same thing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)