Lumia 620 Battery Issue?

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Have you ever experienced your Lumia 620 gets ran out of battery in less than 14 hours, or at least, 10 hours?

Well, I'm getting that issue nowadays, but I hope I'm not the only one who have the same issues with Lumia 620's battery. I actually charge my phone twice a day, with some recommended settings -- only important background apps allowed, battery saver is on when there's only 20% left, download new email(s) as they arrive, etc.
I don't know which way is the best for me, whether I buy a battery backup, or replace my 2-month old battery with the new one, or something else maybe?

Any helps or discussions are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Abinash Behera

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Guys can we put higher capacity say 1500maH battery into the Lumia 620 phone? is it Possible, i see it has BL-4J battery, can we put some other model say BL-5J 1500maH battery into it or it would be a problem, Please do let me know about it!

Fez Ferrari

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Really, I'm very much disappointed with the battery life of Lumia 620. Maybe Nokia should take a look at it and plan a fix, or they could release a high capacity battery, around 2000 mAh.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! That will be great review. I'll wait for it, and do you have some tips of making battery last longer?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

ohhh i'm also interested in that 2430mAh battery! the main things i wanna know:
is it safe?
will it damage my phone on long-term use? (say after a few months)

hope to see your review soon :D

Libor Buchta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That will be great review. I'll wait for it, and do you have some tips of making battery last longer?

As for the tips: I know only what you can find on the internet...

It means all background apps i dont really need are switched off (i have only 2 at the moment), 2G GSM mode, manual email sync, no IM client permanently on, no other program using internet permanetly. But I have location permanetly on, because i am using navigation quite often in the car and i dont want to turn it on/off everytime i need it. Back ligth is at medium level, i dont like the colours of low level :).

Now it is the third day i am using 2430 mAh battery. I have taken my L620 from charger yesterday at 8am, used it normally for some calls, SMSs, some internet with GSM/WiFi, and now it is 11am (next day) and battery level is at 28%. So my phone is running about 27 hours and 28% of power is still remaining...

But to tell the truth, with oringinal battery I have had only little worse resluts. So now, after 2 charging cycles i can say, that 2430 mAh battery is NOW in MY PHONE is about 20-30% better than original one. I will see what time brings (with more chraging cycles)... On the other hand, 20-30% is better than nothing.

Libor Buchta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
ohhh i'm also interested in that 2430mAh battery! the main things i wanna know:
is it safe?
will it damage my phone on long-term use? (say after a few months)

hope to see your review soon :D

You can also find review of this battery with N8 here:
The One Symbian Blog: Review: High Capacity Gold Battery (2430mAh)
Reviewer has good experinece with it and is saying, battery is safe ("... battery has a temperature fuse and safety control switches, so it should be as safe as Nokia's original batteries").

I have also had no problem with this battery till this time.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You can also find review of this battery with N8 here:
The One Symbian Blog: Review: High Capacity Gold Battery (2430mAh)
Reviewer has good experinece with it and is saying, battery is safe ("... battery has a temperature fuse and safety control switches, so it should be as safe as Nokia's original batteries").

I have also had no problem with this battery till this time.

Well, I saw your review is really tells the good of the battery, but I'd like to looking forward to the battery, as when I searched through the internet and the link you've put before, many said that the battery is fake, or such (and one of the members from xda-developers forum had 'disassembled' the battery cover to prove the 'fakeness' of the battery).

About the tips you've posted, there are some that I won't do such as changing the network type to 2G, as in my home there is no WiFi and my operator network can't handle data so good in 2G. So then I consider to hold on until I have the WiFi portable modem one :)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
You think you can do a review on the battery by turning more features on? Like go to 3g/hspa if that is in your area, turn in like a couple more background tasks like a weather app, messaging, turning on push emails to as they come?

Would love to see if the battery is good when the phone is being heavily utilized.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You think you can do a review on the battery by turning more features on? Like go to 3g/hspa if that is in your area, turn in like a couple more background tasks like a weather app, messaging, turning on push emails to as they come?

Would love to see if the battery is good when the phone is being heavily utilized.

Not just for heavy usages, but for the features that can be turned on.

But most of all, the most important thing is to fully charge the battery after its first discharge to 0, for at least 8 hours. It will make your battery stronger for the next charges.

roaspiras

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well... I have long accepted that the L620's battery is not that good so I have a backup charge in the office the in the car. I may buy a spare battery too. Not a big deal for me coz I love this phone! They should make a high end version of this same size but with dual core 1GB ram and 16GB internal memory -- this is will be the perfect phone.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Would probably give 3-4Hours screen on time if the phone is heavily utilized.

Libor Buchta

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My dear friends,

I have made test of 2430 mAh battery you requested (hope so).

My L620 has been set up and used during the day as follows:

BT always on
location always on
3G GSM mode
display brightness auto (switched to auto from medium level)
battery saver on
AppoinTile with live tile running on the background
Whatsapp messenger running on the background
Amazing Weather with live tile running on the background (hourly refreshment)
WP central client with live tile running on the background (instant refreshment)
push emails turned on – to as they come (first mailbox)
60 minutes of calls
20 sms
second mailbox synced several times a day
several minutes of web browsing
several minutes of viewing pics via picasa client
60 (maybe 70) minutes of music with wired earphones
reading some news from WPC
3 small apps (each about 2 MB) downloaded from store via 3G

Phone ran 14 hours, until it reported a critical battery level (4%).

Conclusions must make yourselves... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro