Storage Check

Kaushik M

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 720 yesterday. Everything is set up and all things are in order. I have put a 16gb sandisk SD card. I am having problems managing my internal memory.

Let me get to the question. I am using Lumia Storage Check App and can somebody tell me what does the field "other" basically stands for or contains.

This app on my phone shows that there is 455mb of data under the "other" field. I just want to know what does it basically contain so i can manage my internal memory much more efficiently.

Thank you..

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 720 yesterday. Everything is set up and all things are in order. I have put a 16gb sandisk SD card. I am having problems managing my internal memory.

Let me get to the question. I am using Lumia Storage Check App and can somebody tell me what does the field "other" basically stands for or contains.

This app on my phone shows that there is 455mb of data under the "other" field. I just want to know what does it basically contain so i can manage my internal memory much more efficiently.

Thank you..

Do you mean the Nokia Lumia 720 comes with storage check function out of the box? or do you install it from the store?
I just ordered my Lumia 720, but when I saw in the shop they don't have storage check function.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean the Nokia Lumia 720 comes with storage check function out of the box? or do you install it from the store?
I just ordered my Lumia 720, but when I saw in the shop they don't have storage check function.
You need to update extras+info system app first to get that functioned.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the update approx 24 afters after my first boot, applied that and I can clear my temp. files now.
Don't worry nokia will push it your way :)

BTW, I had 12 system update notifications last evening, updated them all.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are to compare the storage check and phone storage logic..others consist of: app data, added/downloaded ringtones/wallpapers, system settings backup, saved photos(non-camera roll), temp files etc.etc...

vivek_20005

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Can please someone help me out with my Lumia 820.... I'm unable to delete temp files as they reoccur,within seconds of being deleted.... After I press clear, temp files shows blank bur then 1.3 GB comes up almost instantaneously...

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Can please someone help me out with my Lumia 820.... I'm unable to delete temp files as they reoccur,within seconds of being deleted.... After I press clear, temp files shows blank bur then 1.3 GB comes up almost instantaneously...

Wrong section, this section is purely for L720

santoshkumar45

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Even I had the same problem with lumia 720. But with the new update on storage check a week before, this problem is solved. The temporary files are now down to 100Mb from 1.2GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos