Windows 8 can't connect to wifi hotspot

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems using their 8x for internet sharing as a WiFi hotspot on Windows 8? I had been using my phone just fine but did get the recent update and also a new/different Windows 8 tablet. I can connect fine with iPad and Windows 7 notebook but Windows 8 tablet just says it can't connect. Connections to other WiFi fine are fine, just not the phone. Checked with wives phone and get same results. So tablet hardware is working, and phone is working, but the combination W8 tablet and WP8 hotspot doesn't. Seems an interoperability issue, curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior?

silentstardust

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem after I did the updates on 4/22 as well. I read your post yesterday, waited for some helpful advice but no one came :wink: Finally today I ended up turning off my Nokia 920 and turning it back on again and it works fine. Obviously it's 2 different phones but we both had the same problem. I would advise trying this if you haven't thus far.

Anyone else reading this my situation was after I did this update, which I did with my WiFi, my phone could not connect to any open WiFi networks. It could not locate any and kept searching and searching. It said WiFi was on but it could not find any networks at all. I was sitting right next to my router so I knew this was not the issue and I had not made any changes except this update. Like the other message everything else was connected, my 3 computers and my iPod. I knew it had to be the update. I beleive this was the Network + update on 4/21/2013.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
As it turns out, my problem was with a new wifi driver installed on the tablet. Reverting to previous driver and all is well. Things are seldom easy in the Windows world.

bucdenny

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Found solution to this issue. Thanks for previous post regarding drivers. Seems like built in Windows 8.1 wireless driver issue. My Dell Latitude laptop works fine on all wifi other than my Sprint EVO LTE enabled hotspot. Downloaded and installed latest Dell wireless drivers bam! internet connection started working. Hope this help others that is looking for solution with Windows 8 connecting to hotspot issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon