Anyone getting 928 @ retail cost to keep Unlimited?

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have had my phone for two weeks and my allotment is only 272 MB remaining for the next 14 days. As a result, I decided to up our data plan right away from 1 GB to 2 GB. Naturally, I'd rather pay $10 per month now rather than $15/month per 1 GB. I suppose the live tiles do come at a price.

I think the 4G LTE may be what is eating up the data.

Cory Kincaid

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Well for what its worth I took the upgrade and kept my unlimited data. I bought at the Microsoft store, and had been eligible for a week or so before. I had a friend who had a similar experience back around the holidays with an HTC 8X bought using the upgrade at Best Buy. I'm not sure if it is due to a legacy corporate discount either that I have which gets me unlimited Corporate data for $25/mo...

Used about 5GB I would say in the weeks since this came out.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Well for what its worth I took the upgrade and kept my unlimited data. I bought at the Microsoft store, and had been eligible for a week or so before. I had a friend who had a similar experience back around the holidays with an HTC 8X bought using the upgrade at Best Buy. I'm not sure if it is due to a legacy corporate discount either that I have which gets me unlimited Corporate data for $25/mo...

Used about 5GB I would say in the weeks since this came out.
did u have to do anything special to keep the unlimited data? I have a discount on my data as well but I don't think im willing to try like u did lol the reps told me once u upgrade that unlimited is gone and its no longer in their systems anymore to put it back

Cory Kincaid

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Originally, I had thought that it had worked for my friend because it was bought with the upgrade but not activated for a few weeks. So I told MS at the store not to activate mine. However, they told me they had to activate it when I bought it for it to work in Verizon's system. So they immediately activated it and from what I can tell, I still have it. When I log into My Verizon Wireless it shows unlimited. They just generated my first statement so I will check that and see if there is anything worrisome.

tpsobeck

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Code:
I bought mine on Amazon and used their Store Card for a DIY 6-month payment plan. Pretty happy about it. Good service compared to the Verizon store, where they barely knew what I was talking about. Amazon is 0% interest for 6 months but WATCH your statement carefully and pay it in full first. I don't advocate opening a new credit account and using it to finance the phone.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine on Amazon and used their Store Card for a DIY 6-month payment plan. Pretty happy about it. Good service compared to the Verizon store, where they barely knew what I was talking about. Amazon is 0% interest for 6 months but WATCH your statement carefully and pay it in full first. I don't advocate opening a new credit account and using it to finance the phone.
how do u get that card? and how much is amazon's full price?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. I got mine on release date and I checked the DataSense one month later and it showed 4GB on Cellular and 11GB on WiFi. Therefore, I will be keeping my unlimited plan for now. I will keep checking it and see if my pattern changes any.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine off contract (25% discount from list as I have a friend who works for Nokia). Kept unlimited. Actually, I am coming off a Palm Pre 2 with unlimited MHS so I had to add the $30 unlimited tethering. 2.5 weeks in and I am over 5gb of data.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine off contract (25% discount from list as I have a friend who works for Nokia). Kept unlimited. Actually, I am coming off a Palm Pre 2 with unlimited MHS so I had to add the $30 unlimited tethering. 2.5 weeks in and I am over 5gb of data.
I thought they would not let u use any discount off the full retail price of the phone? I have a discount on my account but they wouldn't let me use it on the phone even tho I get 20% off of accessories

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I actually switched from unlimited to share everything for two reasons:

#1 I've had unlimited for 2yrs and I've never used more than 1.5gb in a period
#2 I wanted the free wifi hotspot option
#3 Data sense makes data usage a lot less worrisome
#4 Share everything is cheaper
#5 Getting the phone subsidized is cheaper
#6 Verizon can throttle your unlimited if you do actually use a ton of it
#7 There is no guarantee Verizon won't pull the plug on unlimited at any given time
#8 My SO already was on metered data

If I watched a ton of Netflix then it would make sense, but for regular web/game and a little bit of audio streaming 2-3gb per phone was more than enough for me, and the cost savings plus wifi hotspot bonus made sense.

How well does Data Sense work? Also, does it slow the data speed down?

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My statement isn't opinion at all. It's a simple thing to understand if you try. Your contract has an expiration date. After that date, anything goes. Neither party is bound by a contract that is expired. Doesn't take a third grade education to realize that if you're not stuck in denial-land.

Don't they only have to give you thirty days notice, even if you're under a contract? I believe this was how they got me off my unlimited international data plan a few years ago.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If you have an unlimited data plan, you can get unlimited tethering data (which is a subcomponent of the unlimited data) for $30/month now. You can also add and cancel out the tethering at any time and pay a pro-rated amount for that month. I've done that 3-4 times over the last 5 months.

Do I understand that I can add the hotspot feature to my line, which has unlimited data, today and I'd have an unlimited hotspot feature as well? If so, great because I'm going on vacation next month.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
did u have to do anything special to keep the unlimited data? I have a discount on my data as well but I don't think im willing to try like u did lol the reps told me once u upgrade that unlimited is gone and its no longer in their systems anymore to put it back

When I worked for a Verizon dealer, we were able to have the unlimited data added back, but only if the customer returned the upgrade, or we made a mistake. We'd have to call channel support to have the account notated, then we'd have to contact out account manager to submit a form.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire