Bloomberg reporting on 928 deal

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Easier said then done, to actually stay off the forums and internet looking for any news on the 928. I have been without a phone since breaking my 8x and need a replacement. But I don't want to get another 8x unless the 928 isn't worth it. So all I want is information, so that I can make a rational decision and have a phone again. I just don't understand the secret at this point. Not sure how I made it through life without a cellphone before cellphones.
You will be able to own a 928 by May 21 :)

EDMmmmmmm

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Honestabebread, I know you can comment on any specific details but just one question.... Is this phone really coming out? Some people are starting to have doubts...
Even though neither Nokia or Verizon has corroborated the leaks/rumors, I think it is clear this phone is coming out. People need to be patient and wait for an official announcement; why does everyone think this phone is delayed? There was never a solid release date to begin with!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
In addition to the rumors of an April release we all assumed that this would have some time to shine prior to the new Samsung.

nooaah

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably just switch to AT&T for the Catwalk/EOS at this point. This is ridiculous. It's more telling of how VZW operates than Nokia, IMO.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
TCman88 also said it will come with 32gb and a MicroSD slot..... We'll see how accurate his info is if it comes with it...

I recall saying it doesn't come with a microSD. My apologies if I made a mistypo. All I know the phone is being launch with two important apps. What they are I don't know. Phone to be announced late April/early May and available May 14-21. It will be 199.99 2year and 549 retail. Considering how cost efficient this phone is I'm pretty sure you can grab it cheaper through indirect channels. What I find odd is the fact that phone isn't available internally. Makes me wonder what Nokia and Microsoft are trying to hide

Update. Reason Verizon hasn't announced the phone is due to internal conflict with pricing. Atlas the pricing maybe 99.99 2year

Last edited:

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably just switch to AT&T for the Catwalk/EOS at this point. This is ridiculous. It's more telling of how VZW operates than Nokia, IMO.

So you're mad at Verizon and are going to switch to AT&T for a device that also has not been announced... heck, the last post on WPCentral said it was coming to T-Mobile anyway. I'm confused.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So you're mad at Verizon and are going to switch to AT&T for a device that also has not been announced... heck, the last post on WPCentral said it was coming to T-Mobile anyway. I'm confused.

to each their own... If they want to go to AT&T for a device that has not even been annouced yet, Go for it ! Not sure why anyone should be pissed off, Verizon or Nokia have not officialy annouced the 928 anyway. It could be this week, next week or never, we dont know and no one will release that info anyway.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
TC....will it be available in red on day one ?

as far as I can tell it is launching in Black and White. There may be more colors since d1, thou I doubt it. I will get a chance to play with the real phone tomorrow which based on experience means it will be announced tomorrow as well

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
as far as I can tell it is launching in Black and White. There may be more colors since d1, thou I doubt it. I will get a chance to play with the real phone tomorrow which based on experience means it will be announced tomorrow as well

I must admit, this is very puzzling, if it does indeed come out tomorrow, I wonder whats happening in London. If theres a global '925' it would make sense to unveil them all at the same time otherwise the press event will just be completely pointless.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
According to MyNokiaBlog, the 928 wont be announced at the London event. I don't know how reputable that site is, so I'll leave it up to you guys to deconstruct the post.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I must admit, this is very puzzling, if it does indeed come out tomorrow, I wonder whats happening in London. If theres a global '925' it would make sense to unveil them all at the same time otherwise the press event will just be completely pointless.

It would be a silly move if Nokia launch another flagship phone in London, as the L920 isn't that old.

I think they will debut a new Tablet, as they have launched Nokia Music on W8.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
According to MyNokiaBlog, the 928 wont be announced at the London event. I don't know how reputable that site is, so I'll leave it up to you guys to deconstruct the post.

Given they didnt say what their source was....not great. The rumour mill has gone into overdrive, and all the sites are copying eachother's 'sources'. Some details are getting confused.

Whilst we cant rule out 928 being announced tomorrow (still not 100% sure where that info has actually come from?) it might, leaving the London event a huge cliff to climb as all the tension would be blown on the 928 reveal. Its all marketing strategy. Check the techradar site for example - 5 or 6 nokia stories in the last 2 days alone.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

that site has been around for years...a stalwart of nokia news.
In my eyes its as reputable as WPC, maybe more...(at one time in 2012 i think, Jay Montano - founder of MNB was invited to goto Nokia HQ in Espoo and was shown some stuff he couldnt talk about...not saying he knows now...but...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss