Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the Lumia 620 to be used as a MP3 player since it has been quoted as getting around 60 hours of music battery life. Along with the fact it has a removable battery, this phone seems to be the way to go.

I have a few questions about the phone. Can you use all the functions (apart from calling and texting of course) of the phone without a SIM card and in airplane mode? Also, can you make playlists on the phone itself?

Thanks in advance,

RMistry20
    04-23-2013 10:47 AM
    Yes.. It can be used without a SIM card. This phone is perfect for the purposes that you are going to use it for..
    04-23-2013 11:05 AM
    Hi all,

I am thinking of buying the Lumia 620 to be used as a MP3 player since it has been quoted as getting around 60 hours of music battery life. Along with the fact it has a removable battery, this phone seems to be the way to go.

I have a few questions about the phone. Can you use all the functions (apart from calling and texting of course) of the phone without a SIM card and in airplane mode? Also, can you make playlists on the phone itself?

Thanks in advance,

RMistry20
    I dont have the phone yet, it will be coming on Friday. Yes you can make playlists on the phone, but it is a confusing process, best is to do it on a PC.
    04-23-2013 11:34 AM
    Thank you all for your quick and informative responses!

One more question. Could anyone tell me about the audio quality on the phone? I listen to all kinds of genres from classical to dubstep if that helps.

Many thanks
    04-23-2013 04:26 PM
    Thank you all for your quick and informative responses!

One more question. Could anyone tell me about the audio quality on the phone? I listen to all kinds of genres from classical to dubstep if that helps.

Many thanks
    You have an equalizer available so it should not be a problem. Just adapt it to the type if music that you are listening to.. Ohh and the speaker is just amazing..
    04-23-2013 08:48 PM
    Do checkout the standard music players before you purchase though, I'm underwhelmed by the UI.
    05-01-2013 05:10 AM
    Do checkout the standard music players before you purchase though, I'm underwhelmed by the UI.
    You'll be getting much more than a music player if you get the 620. You'll have full functionality minus cellphone use of the phone when on WiFi. You also get a nice pocket camera that can record nice video and sound. The phone uses HAAC mics that cancel out unwanted sound. Xbox Music is lacking though. I prefer the Zune player on WP 7.5.
    05-01-2013 08:49 PM
    I've had a lot of trouble with duplicate songs on my 620. I haven't found a permanent fix yet. Here's one thread on the issue. Search 'duplicate songs WP8' and you'll find more.

For me this has been a major PIA. So if you're looking for the 620 as an mp3 player, you may need to jump through a few hoops to get it all working properly.
    05-01-2013 10:34 PM
    I've had a lot of trouble with duplicate songs on my 620. I haven't found a permanent fix yet. Here's one thread on the issue. Search 'duplicate songs WP8' and you'll find more.

For me this has been a major PIA. So if you're looking for the 620 as an mp3 player, you may need to jump through a few hoops to get it all working properly.
    Duplicate songs can be fixed by copying the files over to the file system directly and removing xbox music sync
    05-01-2013 10:48 PM