New update for HTC 8X ruined speaker sound

HYDR0SH0K

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the Verizon HTC 8X here in the states and just recently got the latest update. After the update finished, the volume was set at 22 and gave me a message that "higher volumes can cause ear damage, etc". Now, whenever I watch a video or play a game through the speakers, on 30 volume, I can barely hear a thing. With headphones plugged in everything is fine and music is just as loud without headphones. Anyone else having this problem?

Syed Danish Ahmad

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon HTC 8X here in the states and just recently got the latest update. After the update finished, the volume was set at 22 and gave me a message that "higher volumes can cause ear damage, etc". Now, whenever I watch a video or play a game through the speakers, on 30 volume, I can barely hear a thing. With headphones plugged in everything is fine and music is just as loud without headphones. Anyone else having this problem?
I have the same problem since the update. I have noticed it also on video content and games and once on the phone's alarm. I also have a Verizon HTC 8x.

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I experience this issue for some time now on HTC 8X unlocked international, but this is due to Asphalt 7. If I go in game and modify the volume from the side controls, then when I exit the game, the sound volume is screwed. I have to reboot. Only Asphalt 7 does this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon