Desperate! Sim Tray Broken Nokia Clams Cannot Be Fixed

Anum Ali

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys Its just been a month since i bought my Lumia 920. it didnot read my sim so i took it to nokia care they said tht the motherboard was damaged and thy cldnt fix it. the phone is working perfectly except the sim . they said tht the sim card holder- grey shell - was very badly physically damaged which affected the connections and some other crap like that. they kept on changing their words. I am really really desperate will b grateful fr any kind of advice.
- fone was bought from axiom located in dubai , UAE

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkAllett

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Depserate!!! Sim Tray Broken Nokia Clamis Cannot Be Fixed

Did you do the damage? Was the phone second-hand? Take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.

Anum Ali

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

Did you do the damage? Was the phone second-hand? Take it back to where you bought it and exchange it.

they say i did it but i dint drop the fone or nythng. it was frst hand. they cancelled the warranty and wont exchange it.

Jeeverz

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

So I ran into the same problem, and I sent it in without forcing the sim tray to the Nokia Replacement Center. And guess what they did, the FORCED out the sim tray, broke the SIM pins and sent it back to be claiming 'Physical Damage' Now they won't even fix it with a cost and I am SOL.

Anum Ali

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site

So I ran into the same problem, and I sent it in without forcing the sim tray to the Nokia Replacement Center. And guess what they did, the FORCED out the sim tray, broke the SIM pins and sent it back to be claiming 'Physical Damage' Now they won't even fix it with a cost and I am SOL.
so do u knw where to gt it fixed?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Most frequently happens when people move to the device from an iPhone 5 and try to use the nano SIM with an adapter. In half the cases, the adapter gets stuck when you remove the SIM for the first time and forcing it out will tear the pins to pieces. Been there, done that (on another phone, though).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

send an email to stephen elop, i saw a post yesterday who got his screen cracked and nokia offered to replace it under warranty after the guy emailed elop.

abhilash alex

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Nokia has put me in a miserable position. Bought a brand new Nokia lumia 925 .Ist day put a bsnl sim into it, not working,bought a brand new bsnl sim worked for 2 days then sim card error.Forced me to change to idea microsim. Was working well except for some occasional glitches of sim error which disappeared on restart.# months from then glitches became frequent.So decided to go to nokia CC.They sent the phone to nokia HQ with assurance of replacement and guess what?Phone came back with a seal of void warranty, sim contacts broken, physical damage.Now what did i do to break the sim contacts other than changing sim.Now nokia CC told that they will change the sim card holder without warranty, i agreed and finally got the phone.chcked it with idea sim ,error or works for a few seconds and then again same old story.Now nokia CC have told that it is unrepairable. Now who is to blame.Me or nokai cc Or the NOKIA co for providing such disgusting devices?..:angry:
jaago grahak jaago??.

Lakes Potter

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
same prob here...i bought my phone 1 month ago...my phone shows sim card error since a week...it was fine till that morn..i did not even drop the phone once. I went to the nokia care and they say sim card pin is damaged and the warranty is cancelled.I am now asked to pay Rs.3500 for the sim card slot repair...dont know what to do..please help. Phone model Lumia 625

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon