Sceen cracked!

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
@Hulme That's pretty much the cost of a new phone

I believe Nokia Support center can redirect you to an authorized repairer, and they will quote you on 180. However, you will be phoneless while it is out for repair.

Alternatively, AT&T is doing a promotion where you can enroll into Asurion Insurance until May 31st. You can do this all online, so no one has to know about your phone's status. I would wait a few days though before making a claim. Asurion can be a bit sketchy though. I was in a similar predicament as you. Got my replacement phone, the battery is still loose, the rattle sounds different, but my battery is much improved (ha).

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
@Hulme That's pretty much the cost of a new phone

I believe Nokia Support center can redirect you to an authorized repairer, and they will quote you on 180. However, you will be phoneless while it is out for repair.

Alternatively, AT&T is doing a promotion where you can enroll into Asurion Insurance until May 31st. You can do this all online, so no one has to know about your phone's status. I would wait a few days though before making a claim. Asurion can be a bit sketchy though. I was in a similar predicament as you. Got my replacement phone, the battery is still loose, the rattle sounds different, but my battery is much improved (ha).

The problem is, the OP is in India so AT&T's promotion is of no use to him.

prakashe

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
ya i am from India and my cousin is here too!

Got info from a retailer, he says it will cost 17,700INR which will be 300-350$. This is too expensive and my cousin is dejected, as this was his first smartphone!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Retailers/repair shops charge you to change the LCD and Digitizer. But the Digitizer (cracked screen) can be done separately at a fraction of the cost. If there is no discoloration or black space in your screen, then your LCD is fine. You can save by just doing the digitizer.

There are 60-70$ digitizer screens on ebay. Get one of those and a cell phone repair kit (small torx screw drivers, suction cup, pry tool) and fix it yourself. There are how-tos on YouTube. This will save you a lot of money, I know I did it. Not too difficult, the trickest part is separating the digitizer from the LCD with a heat source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss