First Battery Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralCrisp

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone
I've had my L920 for 4 months now and haven't had any issues with the battery life. Today after about two hours from when I unplugged it, my phone had 77% battery life. I didn't really use it at all, I just checked my email once. Throughout the day my battery drained significantly and at around 2:45pm my battery was at 7%, so I turned it off and waited until I got home to plug it in. I didn't really use it at all since I'm at school most the day. Again, I just checked email a couple times and sent a couple texts. I have my background tasks blocked and close out of my apps when I'm finished. This is the first battery drain I've had. Anyone have suggestions/advice?
Thanks

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
restart charge to 100% before bed and let it sit till morning,. If it goes down mor ethan 5% overnight,probably need to mess with your settings, tasks, apps and see if that works, if not, exchange it.

Also, if you downloaded new apps like within the last hours or day, delete those and see what hapens. then add them back.

vzczc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I had the exact same issue yesterday (as did my coworker). The battery was draining between 7 and 19 % per hour. Stopped all apps, removed background tasks. It was still draining. I then had an idea that it might have to do with Skype or email syncing. I removed the Skype app and set my email accounts to sync daily (for live account) and manual (for exchange). The battery drain then stopped and has it has worked consistently well for both devices since.

My guess is that there is some sort of syncing issue with either exchange or live mail as a result of how the office 365 and/or live mail syncs. I will try to tweak the email sync settings and see if I can identify which of these are the culprit.

?ystein

JetLife87

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been experiencing horrible battery drain this week. Off the charger at 7:30 and 30% battery 4 hours later with almost no usage. My Nexus 4 with around 88%. Same building... Nexus fighting for T-mobile LTE all day.... WTH. Microsoft needs a battery monitor like Android so I can figure out what is draining the battery.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing happen last week. I have had no battery issues before. But my grandkids were playing some games on it for about 15 mins. It had been at 100%, they played the games and then no further use that day. The next morning it had drained so bad it shut off. I think one of their games didn't shut down correctly when I went back to the home screen. I charged fully and haven't had any issues since. I think somethimes this happens. If you continue to have an issue I would take it in, the battery may be going bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers