Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

jmunchies1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
It's polycarbonate. I can't find which site I read it on earlier, but I did read earlier that it was polycarbonate.

It's in the press kit:

"Exceptionally durable uni-body injection molded design.

The lightweight polycarbonate material is pure color

throughout, so there is no risk of the color flaking or

chipping like with painted plastic.
"

VN801

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
tcman88 would you happen to know when the other 2 colors will be available approximately? Im willing to wait another month if they will be available that soon, but if its 3 or so ill just get whatever will be available on the 16th. Thanks!

diego15nets

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 928 at the $99 price is really competitive, and I'm sure Nokia made sure it was at this price to compete against all the Androids on Verizon. Personally, if it was $199, I would be thinking of waiting for other sellers to being down the price, but this way I can just get it from Verizon. I'll probably order online, since many times they rebate/discount is applied instantly, rather than having to pay $150 at the store and wait for the rebate (in form of a visa card I think). I'll be upgrading at least two phones on my family plan to the Lumia 928, can't wait until next week!

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
tcman88 would you happen to know when the other 2 colors will be available approximately? Im willing to wait another month if they will be available that soon, but if its 3 or so ill just get whatever will be available on the 16th. Thanks!

I want to say Father's day ish but it will be guesstimate

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 928 at the $99 price is really competitive, and I'm sure Nokia made sure it was at this price to compete against all the Androids on Verizon. Personally, if it was $199, I would be thinking of waiting for other sellers to being down the price, but this way I can just get it from Verizon. I'll probably order online, since many times they rebate/discount is applied instantly, rather than having to pay $150 at the store and wait for the rebate (in form of a visa card I think). I'll be upgrading at least two phones on my family plan to the Lumia 928, can't wait until next week!

I shouldn't really say that but BestBuy is a great place to buy it if they have the phone available d1

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I shouldn't really say that but BestBuy is a great place to buy it if they have the phone available d1

Bingo. On day one of the 822, IIRC VZW had it at 199 online with $50 rebate (I might be off on that, though), and Worst Buy had it for $149 online, and $99 in stores. Walmart Wireless online had it listed at FREE, but didn't have any in stock. I walked into Worst Buy and they price matched Walmart's price, and I walked out with it free.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So tc, what is the best way to get this phone on Thursday? I live in San Diego and have tons of Verizon stores around me and also a Microsoft Store. What would be my best bet? Order online, call, or..?? I want to pay full retail.

Call the CS, ask them to locate the phone in your area, then CS will call the store and they will hold it for you. You shouldn't have any problems in San Diego or Washington DC area. There will be plenty available in those regions. If you don't mind waiting a day or two ordering it by phone is the best way for retail.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
TC, I know you are getting slammed with questions at this point, but I had one also. Is there any indication that a pre-order will go up or is it scheduled to just go on order on the 16th?

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
TC, I know you are getting slammed with questions at this point, but I had one also. Is there any indication that a pre-order will go up or is it scheduled to just go on order on the 16th?

Different department handles that so I wouldn't know but I doubt they will take pre-orders since the phone is launching in less than a week. Have you tried to call one of the stores and see if they are willing to hold one for you? Honestly I doubt it will sell out d1, it all depends on the store’s performance and the area's performance. Different stores and different regions have different purchasing limits.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi- Anyone know if Costco will be carrying the 928 either on the 16th, or shortly thereafter? I'd consider waiting if it wasn't too long. If I recall correctly, whereas the Verizon stores charge you tax on the full retail price, Costco only taxes you on the $ amt you're paying. That can be a fair chunk of change...

(I don't mind digging a little to find out an answer, just thought someone in the know might have the answer handy...)

Thanks!

Fear the Cubans

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly sure it's just in California where they charge you tax on full retail even though you are paying contract price. I would imagine Costco would have to charge that too.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
@TCman Unfortunately, I may not have any choice but to order online. I have not met a store rep that will work with you in keeping unlimited data. If I order online I can keep my data intact.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
@TCman Unfortunately, I may not have any choice but to order online. I have not met a store rep that will work with you in keeping unlimited data. If I order online I can keep my data intact.
I would say you're best bet is to call the support number. They seem to be the best ave for unlimited plans ive seen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster