8X's battery - user reports

battery8xsucks

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
There's a similar (sticky) thread on Lumia 920 and it's about time the 8x got one - especially since there are new threads on battery issues opened here on a daily basis.

So, feel free to post your opinions, reviews, stats...anything regarding your battery; changes in battery life caused by installing some questionable apps etc.
.....................................................................................................................

That being said,
mine is still driving me crazy as I still haven't figured it out. Some days it's not bad, others not so much. But I really have to micromanage a lot to get me through a day (I'd say I'm a moderate user - some surfing, whatsapp, maybe streaming music for a bit - but more often playing it locally, texts and 10mins talking at most, ZERO apps in the background allowed, no bluetooth or location). In the last hour and a half I've streamed music for an hour and then surfed via IE for another half an hour (both 3g or H+, strong signal downtown) and lost approx 23% but I guess that ain't bad?
I recently deleted all the battery related apps since I've got fixated on them and would obssess over it too much; and they only contribute to the battery drain.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
It's certainly not a Galaxy Note 2 or a Razr MaxxHD. It has to do everything a smartphone is called on to do, and with an 1800mAhr battery. I'm not surprised the battery life is sort of short. That's the price you pay for good performance in a very small package. Battery management seems pretty good. If I don't play with it, it keeps me going for a day - barely. But I have chargers all over the place. I seem to accumulate them. So when it's getting down a bit and I'm not using it, I plug it in. I'm thinking a wireless charger might be a cool thing to get. My DNA could also use it.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been very happy with mine. I use it a good bit and it still last all day where my Galaxy s3 would die in half the time!

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets me through a complete day only I use it very moderately. If I use it heavily or more in tune with most people scenerios, I can get to at least 10 hours, so I guess it's right inline with other phone. I can't complain.

I wish all smartphones lasted 24 hrs in any kind of usage scenario, but that's just wishful thinking :)

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets through usually a day, but whenever I use some more heavy apps I guess, like games or Baconit for image loading and so on, it does tend to drain faster of course, but I don't mind :). Gets me through the day just fine and I like charging my phone before I sleep so I don't obsess, so it's just fine over here!

Victor85

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something strange yesterday.
First I charged it in the evening to 100%. Then I went to sleep the battery was at 91%
I changed the phone to Flightmode.

The next morning I had a error message that the battery was at 8%(?!?)
I recharged my battery now while im at work, connected through USB. Its fully charged now.

I downloaded a new app: Battery (by Arthur Semenov)
It has a nice feature that it warns when the battery is draining for set amount of percentage. I will check this now

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yesterday, after 10 hours of regular use, (3 push emails, texts, phone calls, Internet browsing, everything on-wifi, bt, nfc, 4g) I had 68%. Two things that might help people. Don't keep running down your battery. It will shorten the life. Plug it in when you can. Second, I don't use Whatsapp, but from a lot I have read, it seems to be a battery hog.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The only apps I have downloaded are dictionary.com, nokia drive, and htc flashlight. I have two email accounts synced "as items arrive" and use the phone for light talking, texting, and web browsing. I get about 48 hours per charge.

Verizon 8X.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I disabled all the apps the run background except the battery monitor. Yesterday I took the phone off the charger at 5AM and at 11:30 it was still at 93%, whereas before it was in the low 80s. So that helped a lot. Well, that and now that I've had it a few days and I'm not playing with it all the time :)

rocking23nf

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
1 hour of music with a bit of gaming on the bus to work (7am)
around 150-200 emails a day with push setting turned on. (exchange active sync - exchange 2010)
1 hour of music and a bit of gaming on the way home.
occosonaly call, probably 10-20 texts a day.
by around midnight its usually around 60% left.
LTE connection always on.
Wifi while at home.

chomsky11

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
After an up and down first couple of days the battery on mine has conditioned in nicely and I'm getting great batt life. I'm at 26% left after being off the charger for a day and 14 hours. 10-15 calls, a few emails, texts, data, etc. Mostly on WiFi at home and work. I thought the Galaxy Blaze I came from was good but this phone blows it out of the water. Nice not to have to worry about it.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been having great battery like 24+ hours worth. I've noticed Skype is for sure bad on my battery when it's pinned to the start screen.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery life is fine on this phone. I get no problem with battery running dead during the day. At home and work I am covered with full LTE on Verizon, I am sure this has something to do with it(I never turn on Wi-Fi unless I have to d/l a app, Umimited data plan). I use wireless charging every night. If I dont put it on the charger, I will get a day or 2 out of it depending on my use.

I have a Exchange server 2003, with live sync and hotmail that syncs every 30 min. I do play games on it almost every day and stream Podcasts time to time. So I do use media based features on this phone alot. My only hate witht this phone is the lack of space (16gb is a joke for a modern phone)

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I typically get 12 hrs and has not been to drained. I use HTC's Data Sense which cuts off certain things as the battery gets lower. This has not effected my use but I have it on but only for phone calls and checking email.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I can get up to 24 hours on mine, sometimes more. This is with heavy texting, inbox reading, and use of news/Instagram apps.

Knight018

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My battery is sucking major balls as of late. Doing nothing different from when it was better.

Try draining the battery until it turns itself off. Then turn it back on. Happened to me once. The phone still had like 20% left. Wasted that too then recharged to full and it solved my issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb