What do you think of Indigo?

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I installed it on both my Android Droid DNA and the 8X. It works really well on both, but somehow seems quicker on the 8X, which is surprising. I think the DNA hardware is faster. At any rate, I tried every one of the so called personal assistants available on Android, and I played around with VLingo on the Blackberry. While there are a few features that made some of the Android programs cool - like sitting in the background waiting for a keyword to wake them up, making them potentially completely hands-free, so far Indigo has been the one to beat. It seems to recognize my voice even better than Siri. I have a midwestern US accent (Ohio). The fact that you have to tap the microphone every time is a little annoying, but it probably takes a load off the processor (and battery), and it makes doing things like setting appointments, alarms and reminders and taking notes (memos) very easy. It seems to understand most of what I say, and remembers context from the last command.

Now, if it could just recognize that Erika is a proper spelling for that first name (it likes Erica, with a c) - but it seems to have that problem in common with all the other assistants I've tried.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Its not bad for the things I've used it for. The "tell me a joke" thing is sort of a hoot. I like it. It needs some tweaking I think. It tends to exhaust memory if I use it too long on my Lumia 920. (> 5 minutes) But I'll work with it some more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz