Nokia Announces May 14th Press Conference in London

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why would they announce a US specific phone in London?

Exactly. No way will this be the 928 announcement - unless 928 is a LOT more than what we already believe it to be, and that there's enough to it to call it a new generation. I seriously doubt that the 928 is worthy of all this.

TechRadar seems to be the wisest of the tech blogs on this story, IMO. They seem to be the only one that doesn't mention 928 in the article at all. Kudos.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
It would be stupid to announce the 928 so close to a Nokia reveal. Something weird is going on.

Either something went wrong with the 928 release to push it back, or the 928 is indeed going to be global. And for the love of god before half the people on this forum start shouting about the phone having the name of a US exclusive cos its got something other than a 0 on the end...please keep an open mind for once. For all we know the 928 could have been repurposed for a global release due to R+D issues with catwalk.

Either way we will know soon, either on May 14th or before if the 928 gets announced in the US.

zfarooq

May 30, 2011
Visit site
i.e. 41 MP camera, like the 808. WP version expected. Tablet I don't believe they are pursuing; initial plans were for RT but that changed. Then focussing on full version but thats been put on hold until they have a real differentiating factor.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree. No way are Nokia announcing a Verizon phone. Verizon will announce the L928 themselves in the U.S. when they are ready. Even if the L928 were to be distributed globally, which makes little sense considering it isn't compatible with anything outside the U.S., Verizon would surely come first.

It's something else...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i.e. 41 MP camera, like the 808. WP version expected. Tablet I don't believe they are pursuing; initial plans were for RT but that changed. Then focussing on full version but thats been put on hold until they have a real differentiating factor.

I know I'm just trollin a bit. But I highly doubt Verizon will be seeing this 41mp camera. I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world. Its depressing, I know a lot of people on Verizon who would kill for a phone with that camera!

zfarooq

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Dont think this is Verizon based. This is a new smartphone announcement, and lets see which carriers in the US get it.

Honestly, don't think there will be a huge event for the Verizon 928, since its basically a refinement of the existing 920.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world

With the exception of the U.K. it literally went almost everywhere else in the world. Everywhere! There isn't a single carrier in my country on which it isn't available.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
YOU'RE ALL WRONG! LUMIA TABLET FTW!!!!!!!!!!!h
That would be nice!

I know I'm just trollin a bit. But I highly doubt Verizon will be seeing this 41mp camera. I think this is going to AT&T exclusively in the US and wherever the hell the 920 went in the rest of the world. Its depressing, I know a lot of people on Verizon who would kill for a phone with that camera!
I don't think you're trolling at all. Verizon won't get a 41mp camera until ATT gets some time with it, then we'll get it when it's old and ATT gets something else better.

Dont think this is Verizon based. This is a new smartphone announcement, and lets see which carriers in the US get it.

Honestly, don't think there will be a huge event for the Verizon 928, since its basically a refinement of the existing 920.
This.

isi44

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is Verizon always going to lag behind when it comes to the release of Nokia phones? I mean I know it's been a trend of AT&T always getting the phones first, but with Verizon exceeding expectations on the 822 as mentioned by Abe, one would hope that they'd give one of these Nokia flagships a chance... at this point the damage has indeed been done; it's too close to the GS4 hype, a phone which I am considering as I don't want Nokia's old specs, so that's why I'm hoping Verizon will take a chance on another Nokia flagship to make up for this failure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte