07-27-2013 01:46 PM
34 12
tools
    Hi Yip, many thanks for the expertly written review but what I'd like to know if possible, without the wireless charger case ( which I can't seem to get anywhere ) will the 720 be charged using the DT 900 or the DT 901?

Please can you respond ASAP as I'm about to purchase this handset?

Kindest regards

ANDY Taylor
    05-22-2013 06:27 AM
    Hi Yip, many thanks for the expertly written review but what I'd like to know if possible, without the wireless charger case ( which I can't seem to get anywhere ) will the 720 be charged using the DT 900 or the DT 901?
    No. The wireless charging shell is necessary. The phone does not have the necessary wireless charging hardware built in.
    05-22-2013 08:24 PM
    Hello,

I 've got lumia 720 and noticed that when talking over the phone for ca. 10 min. the upper part gets noticeably warm (to your ear).
    Anybody got the same issue?

Also when using e.g. skype - after ten minutes the upper part (with the speaker) is really warm.

Cheers
    4d
    06-12-2013 03:54 AM
    My lumia 720 gets noticeably warm in the upper part after, say, a 10 min phone call.
    Do you have this issue too?

Also when using skype, it tends to heat up in the upper part - do you notice that?
    06-12-2013 03:59 AM
    Hello,

thanks for a thorough interview. It actually helped me in decision to buy 720.
    Being a happy user overall I noted three things which are bothering:
    1) my lumia 720 gets warm (not hot) at the speaker, when I am on the phone over 10 minutes - as I read that this one has no overheating problems, I wonder if this is a fault. It's only warm, but to my ear it is noticeable and I'd rather it did not. Is yours similar?
    This thing bothers me most, as it can affect battery, but this is the first "bigger" screen phone I own, and first Nokia, so I have no clue how it should behave here.

2) when starting camera in a quiet surroundings (e.g. when there's no one else around) it gives away a short sound of actual shutter (a bit screechy)? - of course I have "no shutter sound" in settings - is this normal?

3) it does quite often show "call dropped" info, when calling out, or an sms notice of unconnected call from someone - and it's more often than my previous phones

Cheers
    4d
    07-24-2013 05:30 AM
    Being a happy user overall I noted three things which are bothering:
    1) my lumia 720 gets warm (not hot) at the speaker, when I am on the phone over 10 minutes - as I read that this one has no overheating problems, I wonder if this is a fault. It's only warm, but to my ear it is noticeable and I'd rather it did not. Is yours similar?
    This thing bothers me most, as it can affect battery, but this is the first "bigger" screen phone I own, and first Nokia, so I have no clue how it should behave here.

2) when starting camera in a quiet surroundings (e.g. when there's no one else around) it gives away a short sound of actual shutter (a bit screechy)? - of course I have "no shutter sound" in settings - is this normal?

3) it does quite often show "call dropped" info, when calling out, or an sms notice of unconnected call from someone - and it's more often than my previous phones
    1) This is fairly normal. The location that is getting warm is where the SoC is located. Like most processors, it heats up when working hard. So most phones get a bit warm during long calls. As to this affecting battery life, well of course it will. Using the phone uses battery power. But there's nothing you can do about this other than not use your phone. How often do you need to recharge your phone?

2) This could be the autofocus working. If it's inordinately loud it could be a fault in the camera module (I can hardly hear mine working).

3) Each phone performs differently in picking up low signals. I've found my Lumia 720 to be pretty good at holding onto a call signal, even when coverage is a bit patchy. If you've got good signal strength and the phone still drops calls (to land lines not mobiles - it could be the other mobile's fault) then you might want to investigate further.
    07-25-2013 07:28 PM
    Did you find the drop in screen resolution to be an issue? Also, do you think the AMOLED screen on the 720 suits WP8 better than an IPS screen?
    07-27-2013 01:17 PM
    Did you find the drop in screen resolution to be an issue? Also, do you think the AMOLED screen on the 720 suits WP8 better than an IPS screen?
    The 720 has a IPS Clear Black display, not AMOLED. Owning the 820 & 720 the lower resolution doesn't bother me much. But I do like the True Black IPS better as it is more accurate with displaying colors, than the 820 with AMOLED that tends to over saturate colors.
    07-27-2013 01:33 PM
    The 720 has a IPS Clear Black display, not AMOLED.
    Ah yes, so it does. I've been reading so many Lumia reviews lately I got confused.
    07-27-2013 01:46 PM
34 12