Trading my iPhone for a 920; Anything to Watch out For in the 920?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have access to a wireless charger, I would test that it charges OK with it. Also try it out with gloves and makes sure it works.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I also wouldn't normally trust a Craigslist phone but I've talked to the guy a few times and it sounds like he's older and is a bit overwhelmed by how different WP8 is from his old phone.

Is the dust something you can see just by looking at it?

Alright.

And yes, you can. Put you can always send it to Nokia and they fix it for free. Just you will be phone less for some time.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
dont do it. i bought 5 days ago and i really wish i got iphone 4s. a big area of bottom of screen is darker than the top, big disappoitment. i went to the store to see if it was only my problem, but its not. other phones are the same. i gave my phone to the service but as i heard from people who did that, service give your phone back an says its nokia's problem. applications are ugly (i dont even talk about ugly google website and no google apps) and most games are 5x more expensive than iphone ones (although there are a few games). temple run lags in a flagship phone?!.. i wonder if this phone can run other games like real racing 3 and temple run 2 (galaxy s2 runs with the same gpu but we have more resolution, and galaxys2 runs temple run, amazing spiderman, batman etc. smoothly but we cant). i think that the problem is unity beta but there is no way we can check the potential. this doesnt make me hate it but sceeen issue does.. i hope more good apps and games come soon but i wont never buy nokia again i think. i must wait 3 years to get an iphone now :( stay on your iphone and have fun with your games and high quality apps...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
dont do it. i bought 5 days ago and i really wish i got iphone 4s. a big area of bottom of screen is darker than the top, big disappoitment. i went to the store to see if it was only my problem, but its not. other phones are the same. i gave my phone to the service but as i heard from people who did that, service give your phone back an says its nokia's problem. applications are ugly and most games are 5x more expensive than iphone ones (although there are a few games). temple run lags in a flagship phone?!.. i wonder if this phone can run other games like real racing 3 and temple run 2 (galaxy s2 runs with the same gpu but we have more resolution, and galaxys2 runs temple run, amazing spiderman, batman etc. smoothly but we cant). i think that the problem is unity beta but there is no way we can check the potential. this doesnt make me hate it but sceeen issue does.. i hope more good apps and games come soon but i wont never buy nokia again i think. i must wait 3 years to get an iphone now :( stay on your iphone and have fun with your games and high quality apps...

What are talking about? I've had a 920 for 6 months with no problems that you describe. What so you mean by the screen is darker at the bottom? And what provider do you have that doesn't have the 14 day exchange/return policy?

Sounds to me, you are just spreading FUD.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
What are talking about? I've had a 920 for 6 months with no problems that you describe. What so you mean by the screen is darker at the bottom? And what provider do you have that doesn't have the 14 day exchange/return policy?

Sounds to me, you are just spreading FUD.

i dont know what FUD means and it doesnt have 14 day policy. i bought it unlocked. im not living in a country whose providers give phones for free or $99.. i hope the service does something..

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Darker on the bottom part of the screen? I seriously doubt that unless you can upload a screenshot or photo of your phone showing that issue.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Temple Run runs WAY better on my L920 compared to my previous S3. People complain that the touch isnt responsive? on my Lumia its very responsive. Also, all of the games i've played on L920 run much smoother than my Android did. But ya theres no doubt iPhone runs great...its just a very boring device lol.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Watch out for the second, third week. First week you're gonna fall in love with it because it's something new, but as soon as second week and third week comes, you're gonna run into hits and misses, and you're gonna think the tiles are dull and boring because they're all the same coloured blocks you see everyday (no further customizations). Also consider apps, and all that.

If you survive one month without absolutely hating it, then you have nothing else to worry. People say Microsoft/Nokia updates are slow, I think they're very quick and very reasonable.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Temple Run runs WAY better on my L920 compared to my previous S3. People complain that the touch isnt responsive? on my Lumia its very responsive. Also, all of the games i've played on L920 run much smoother than my Android did. But ya theres no doubt iPhone runs great...its just a very boring device lol.

are you serious? it was responsive but it had low fps. i have played it on galaxy wonder and iphone 4. they were much smoother. also played fruit ninja on these phones and they were MUCH smoother too. sorry i loved wp and phone but screen issue made me angry so i wrote these by madness. i miss my lumia :(

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
a lot of the issues to look out for simply manufacturing issues with the first line.
light leak
rattle sound
case not sealed

issues that have come up in the os have been fixed with a multitude of patches biggest issues were
Battery meter - being WAY off
buggy Bluetooth - not connecting to certain cars dropping connection to headphones
signal issue - only with at&t
lack of apps - they just keep coming
sync with pc - (software updated works a lot better now)

all the issues have been fixed and they have been pushing apps out left and right, the biggest app people seem to be missing is instagram but there are a couple apps that are filling the void and nokia seems to have something up their sleeves with instragram

also good choice on the nokia, they have been amazing with pushing new apps out to nokia phones and adding new features with flash updates

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
are you serious? it was responsive but it had low fps. i have played it on galaxy wonder and iphone 4. they were much smoother. also played fruit ninja on these phones and they were MUCH smoother too. sorry i loved wp and phone but screen issue made me angry so i wrote these by madness. i miss my lumia :(

I am honestly serious. I'm not much of a smartphone gamer, but Temple Run is one of the games i do enjoy. I expected it to be 'not as responsive' as S3 which concerned me because it was pretty subpar on that device. I prefer it much more on the WP8. So after that i downloaded a few other games on the Lumia and im thoroughly impressed. Mind you most of them are puzzle games LOL...but nonetheless they run without lag from my experience.

Fair enough, i'd be pissed to if i got a phone and it didnt work. I got my phone of kijiji, brand new..its worked perfectly so far.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
dont do it. i bought 5 days ago and i really wish i got iphone 4s. a big area of bottom of screen is darker than the top, big disappoitment. i went to the store to see if it was only my problem, but its not. other phones are the same. i gave my phone to the service but as i heard from people who did that, service give your phone back an says its nokia's problem. applications are ugly (i dont even talk about ugly google website and no google apps) and most games are 5x more expensive than iphone ones (although there are a few games). temple run lags in a flagship phone?!.. i wonder if this phone can run other games like real racing 3 and temple run 2 (galaxy s2 runs with the same gpu but we have more resolution, and galaxys2 runs temple run, amazing spiderman, batman etc. smoothly but we cant). i think that the problem is unity beta but there is no way we can check the potential. this doesnt make me hate it but sceeen issue does.. i hope more good apps and games come soon but i wont never buy nokia again i think. i must wait 3 years to get an iphone now :( stay on your iphone and have fun with your games and high quality apps...

Weren't you complaining about Microsoft and Windows Phone in other threads here? Then you go out and allegedly buy a 920 just 5 days ago after all your ranting and raving?

Yeah sure...

FUD it is

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I swear I posted this yesterday but it doesn't look like it went through...

After going to check out the phone I backed out. The guy I was buying it from seemed a little sketchy and the upper left hand corner of the screen didn't 'pop' but felt real spongy. There was a tiny chip in the glass on the bottom right too so I think he probably dropped it at some point while it was outside of a case. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to make the swap but I think I'm going to wait until May 14th when the 928 and who knows what else gets officially announced. I'm guessing the 920 will drop in price a bit when that happens and who knows maybe the EOS will be announced or if I'm real lucky they'll announce the 920 for Tmobile and I can just pick it up with them.

Thanks much for all your help!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I swear I posted this yesterday but it doesn't look like it went through...

After going to check out the phone I backed out. The guy I was buying it from seemed a little sketchy and the upper left hand corner of the screen didn't 'pop' but felt real spongy. There was a tiny chip in the glass on the bottom right too so I think he probably dropped it at some point while it was outside of a case. I'm pretty bummed I wasn't able to make the swap but I think I'm going to wait until May 14th when the 928 and who knows what else gets officially announced. I'm guessing the 920 will drop in price a bit when that happens and who knows maybe the EOS will be announced or if I'm real lucky they'll announce the 920 for Tmobile and I can just pick it up with them.

Thanks much for all your help!

smart move

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Weren't you complaining about Microsoft and Windows Phone in other threads here? Then you go out and allegedly buy a 920 just 5 days ago after all your ranting and raving?

Yeah sure...

FUD it is

Sorry for my silly replies. I was angry because of that frustrating screen issue. And was a bit disappointed by apps. But I figured out Android apps aren't better :D yes I bought it because Android is laggy, iPhone is expensive and boring. But that doesn't mean windows phone doesn't have flaws, the biggest one is missing support, even from its creators. Now I stopped using it till June because I must study hard for my exams. I will come back soon :D my father is caring about the service. NOTE: I still couldn't get what FUD means :D

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my silly replies. I was angry because of that frustrating screen issue. And was a bit disappointed by apps. But I figured out Android apps aren't better :D yes I bought it because Android is laggy, iPhone is expensive and boring. But that doesn't mean windows phone doesn't have flaws, the biggest one is missing support, even from its creators. Now I stopped using it till June because I must study hard for my exams. I will come back soon :D my father is caring about the service. NOTE: I still couldn't get what FUD means :D

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

What country do you live in and what provider? I'm in the US and have had no issues with support from ATT and Nokia.

The problem is you just come in stomping around with a tantrum about horrible support but don't explain the context of the issue.

And considering most of us have had great support, it sounds more like BS and FUD than any real problem with the phone/support.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

What country do you live in and what provider? I'm in the US and have had no issues with support from ATT and Nokia.

The problem is you just come in stomping around with a tantrum about horrible support but don't explain the context of the issue.

And considering most of us have had great support, it sounds more like BS and FUD than any real problem with the phone/support.

I'm living in Turkey. I bought it from mediamarkt for $800. Don't you get angry if something that you bought for $800 appears to be broken? We will see what will happen about the support. The reason why you get good support and I don't is simple, I live in Turkey and you live in US. Unlike there, provider which you bought phone from doesn't care about you and they send you to Nokia. I thought all phones have this issue but I figured out they don't. I just wanted to tell him my experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb