Trading my iPhone for a 920; Anything to Watch out For in the 920?

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm living in Turkey. I bought it from mediamarkt for $800. Don't you get angry if something that you bought for $800 appears to be broken? We will see what will happen about the support. The reason why you get good support and I don't is simple, I live in Turkey and you live in US. Unlike there, provider which you bought phone from doesn't care about you and they send you to Nokia. I thought all phones have this issue but I figured out they don't. I just wanted to tell him my experience.

Just a few pointers:

1. The SGS2 and Lumia 920 does NOT use the same GPU. The SGS2 uses a Mali400 and the Lumia 920 uses an Adreno 225. The Adreno 220 and the Mali400 was about the same (slight better FPS on the Adreno 220), but the 225 has twice the processing power compared to the older Adreno 220. The Adreno 225 clearly outperforms the Mali400 even though the resolution on the 920 is much higher.
2. MediaMarkt is known for always blaming everybody else and not caring about support issues... Unfortunately. They (most of the times) have great prices, but it comes with the expense of bad customer support. Contact Nokia directly if you have a problem with your Nokias and I'm sure you will get alot more support.
3. I've never heard of any of the problems that you and the Turkish MM says are common... That's probably the reason why people are a little defensive about your claims. I'm not calling you a liar, but I do believe MM lied to you to get out of their commitments.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Just a few pointers:

1. The SGS2 and Lumia 920 does NOT use the same GPU. The SGS2 uses a Mali400 and the Lumia 920 uses an Adreno 225. The Adreno 220 and the Mali400 was about the same (slight better FPS on the Adreno 220), but the 225 has twice the processing power compared to the older Adreno 220. The Adreno 225 clearly outperforms the Mali400 even though the resolution on the 920 is much higher.
2. MediaMarkt is known for always blaming everybody else and not caring about support issues... Unfortunately. They (most of the times) have great prices, but it comes with the expense of bad customer support. Contact Nokia directly if you have a problem with your Nokias and I'm sure you will get alot more support.
3. I've never heard of any of the problems that you and the Turkish MM says are common... That's probably the reason why people are a little defensive about your claims. I'm not calling you a liar, but I do believe MM lied to you to get out of their commitments.

I thought 920 had adreno 220. Sorry for that. But temple run still lags more than galaxy wonder. I hope it's because of bad port. I will try to contact Nokia when I get my phone back. Why should I lie about a phone that I waited 5 months to buy?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I thought 920 had adreno 220. Sorry for that. But temple run still lags more than galaxy wonder. I hope it's because of bad port. I will try to contact Nokia when I get my phone back. Why should I lie about a phone that I waited 5 months to buy?

As i mentioned prior, i find Temple Run is lagless on my Lumia 920 compared to my S3. Its very possible you got a bad L920 with major issues.

Kerry Swartz

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I switched to the 920 which is the prettiest phone I've ever used - this from an iphone 5. I gave the phone over a week but I've just had to switch back to the iphone until such time Windows 8 and/or Nokia offer some basic capabilities -

- carddav and caldev support; relying on Google as the 3rd party platform for this information isn't helpful, duplicate entries, missing accounts.
- call/sms filtering & blocking app
- Canadian bank mobile apps besides ING

Also, coming from a Mac environment, if someone, someplace better explained Outlook, Office, Office 365, etc. I wouldn't have picked up 3 new and different email addresses. A single, integrated email app would be great that also supported external imap accounts. The linked inbox feature is handy but at least once a day my external imap accounts kept losing their stored information and had to be recreated.

I'll keep watching and testing but have to keep my iphone going until Windows 8 has these features. If you have to get a Windows 8 phone though, none better than Noika and the 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre