Alphabetical tiles in application list

Sinisa Tretinjak

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Does someone knows is there is a way to turn off alphabetical tiles in applications list? It just popped out today and it really goes to my nerves. I would like to have my applications list without it, as it was until today.

Thanks a lot.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't. This is an automatic "feature" that is enabled when you've passed a total of 30 installed apps on your device.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you can't. This is an automatic "feature" that is enabled when you've passed a total of 30 installed apps on your device.

it's 45 apps.

When you scroll across, you can hit the search button in the top left corner. Not ideal, buy it kind of does the job. Lol

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
30-45, poteto, potato. Same difference. Problem is that it happens, even if one wants it or not. Should've been optional.

kNevik

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You can't disable them (even if you delete apps to reduce under the point at which they were activated).

I quite like them though as if you tap on of the letters, it brings up a grid for quickly getting to a specific section

Sinisa Tretinjak

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that sometimes I can't remember the name of some application I recently installed (thus I can't find it by selecting a letter). So I need to actually browse through application list. That is the situation when those letters are annoying. But ttsoldier's advice do the trick because it temporary turns off alphabetical tiles and makes browsing easier. :smile:

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that sometimes I can't remember the name of some application I recently installed (thus I can't find it by selecting a letter). So I need to actually browse through application list. That is the situation when those letters are annoying. But ttsoldier's advice do the trick because it temporary turns off alphabetical tiles and makes browsing easier. :smile:

Hi,

If you can't remember names of apps, then how is it easier to browse apps using ttsoldiers method? Surely it is easier to use the A-Z, if you can't remember app names.

Maybe, if you start to pin newly installed apps to the bottom of your home screen. Then once you use them enough to remember their names, you could un-pin them -- I know it's not a full solution to your problem, but it might help.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If you can't remember names of apps, then how is it easier to browse apps using ttsoldiers method? Surely it is easier to use the A-Z, if you can't remember app names.

Maybe, if you start to pin newly installed apps to the bottom of your home screen. Then once you use them enough to remember their names, you could un-pin them -- I know it's not a full solution to your problem, but it might help.

Because sometimes, when you install an app, you can't remember the name. But while scrolling through the list, when you see it, it just "clicks".

This has happened to me many times

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Because sometimes, when you install an app, you can't remember the name. But while scrolling through the list, when you see it, it just "clicks".

This has happened to me many times
But you originally said to hit the search button, not scroll down through the app list?

Thus the reason for saying what I said. The search button is for when you know the name of your app, or want to search the store for more apps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss