L920 whatsapp problem

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
ok...i bought my L920 in jan 2013....from Dubai....i live in Sudan...(in Africa)
been trying to get whatsapp to work ever since they released it, but it wont work....
i keep getting this message...
"could not connect to whatsapp. please check your network settings and try again later"...

this is what i tried:
- uninstalling and re installing. (every possible way. approaching the millionth time)
- rebooted my device....twice.
- checked my system clock.
- checked my network settings.
- contacted whatsapp(basically told me to read the frigging FAQs)...
- yes, my phone is up to date with updates...
- tried with wifi....tried airplane mode....
- changed networks and got a new sim....nothing

i have an omnia 7, and whatsapp is working fine...so am not sure if its a country problem...

if anyone is having a similar problem, or went through something like this and somehow solved it, please share ur wisdom with me...
am really desperate...but not enough to perform any sexual favors ;)

Last edited:

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
TITS or GTFO .
just joking. Not sure how Whatsapp works but it might be blocked by your Mobile Phone service provider and thats why it cant connect.
try someone's Sim or try it in Wifi
if not yet tried in wifi

lol.....am a guy....just so we're clear....
i thought it might be that my country is blocked, but i have an omnia 7 and whatsapp works fine there....so not sure bout the country thing....
i switched to a different network...also not working....tried wifi, tried flight mode as well....nothing....am stuck......i need help....

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
OMG....after 5 friggin months, i finally got it to work using a simple proxy ....good lord....
if anyone had the same issue....just go to Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT) - Hide My Ass!
- and choose whatever country u want.
- input the ip address and port on ur wifi proxi settings....
- then uninstall whatsapp(it didnt work with it already installed), restart ur phone, and re install.
- and voila...it should work.
- if the 1st proxy doesnt work try other ones until they do.

thanks for all who contributed...

Mona 1710

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello there ! I have the same problem you had with lumia's whatsapp and am living in Sudan as well ! Thing is I don't know much about these settings and I opened the link you shared but didn't know what to do next so if you could just please tell me what exactly to do I'd be more than grateful :) !

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1- go to that website, scroll down, and ull see all these countries with proxy details.
2- u can pick a country from the proxy box on the left, for eg. choose UAE, and press "update results", and it should give u exclusive UAE proxies(meaning ur device will think ur in the UAE).
3- uninstall whatsapp if u already have it...
4- go to settings and and turn the location setting off.
5- go to cellular, and turn data connection off as well.
6- restart the phone....
7- go to phone settings and press on wifi...choose whatever wifi ur using...once it says connected, press on it, turn proxy option on.
8- input the ip address in the server/url space provided, along with the port number....in the port space... that u have gotten from the website in the spaces provided.
9- test that ur wifi is working fine. if not, try a different choice from the list at the website.
10- download whatsapp, input ur number and it should work fine.
11- If UAE doesnt work for u, choose a different country and try their proxies...mine worked the 3rd time i tried it.

hope this helps. if it's still confusing, i could upload some screen shots, might make it easier.

Last edited:

Mona 1710

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I followed the steps but got stuck in step number 8 ! When I turn proxy on for the WiFi am using am not allowed to edit the IP address but only the port and server/URL tabs ! Any help with that? :/

ahmedisme

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Yess.. Mine finally worked.. Thank youu very much.. And Mona.. In step 8.. Write the new IP in the (server/URL).. Worked for me.. I hope it works for you.. Anyways. If it doesn't.. Text me 0966985001.. Cause I might not open this site.. Good luck

Mona 1710

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'll try and will let you know if it doesn't work ! Thanks alot for your help :) on another note , any idea where I could find a cover for my Lumia ?

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
good to hear...enjoy it...
oh...u may have a slight problem uploading images...or downloading for that matter....
but an update should be arriving in the next couple of weeks to fix that...
among other issues with it of course
peace

Jamal Misbah

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Mr. thepestilence
first of all thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank u so much for finding a solution for the What's app issue in lumia in sudan, mine works correctly now but still have the problem of uploading and downloading pictures, videos, and audio that u mentioned previously. hope u found something to cope this :/ !!! plz help !!!

thepestilence

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
no problem, good to know that it worked for u...

try uninstalling and re installing again, worked for some...
otherwise ull have to wait for the update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos