update apps windows phone 8 Lumia 920

mexflex

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've a question about updating apps on WP8 on a Nokia L920
Is there a way to get a notification for a update of the installed apps?
When I open the windows store there isn't any information about updates. I have to go to the app in windows store to see there is an update available.

At settings and phone update I have both options on. Warn me if there is an update an download updates auto.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
You are supposed to get notifications on your store tile when the updates become available to you. According to some, there is some random time of day the phone checks for updates. However, I'm fairly certain there is a bug that somehow stops this from happening. For the last month, I've had to rely on the update thread here at WPC to find out my apps have updates. If you check around, I'm not the only one having this issue

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Number of updates are shown on the live tiles. And when you open store you see updates there. But wp is too late to check updates.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Number of updates are shown on the live tiles. And when you open store you see updates there. But wp is too late to check updates.

I'm not sure what you mean by WP is too late to check apps. I check for updates when I wake up and the store app if there are updates available will have a number by it. This morning I had four. yesterday none. Occasionally there are updates that don't show up on the store app icon. Most of the time if the update icon isn't populated there might be something on the WPC mobile app with a QR code.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem and I read somewhere (don't remember where...) that if you do a soft reset (volume down and power button pressed simultaneously), your windows store tile will start working again. I did it and it worked for me.

5 minutes later I had notifications on my windows store tile !!!

EDIT:

Here is a thread with some solutions to try...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...g/358ffb54-ff94-4429-9633-d8ba144f7423?page=1

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs