Hello. I've just recently bought a Lumia 720 and it seems to work just perfectly fine. But one thing I notice is that it kinda disconnects to the WiFi network I'm currently connected to.

Here's how it works:

I turn WiFi on and connect into a network. (NOTE: I have checked the option for Keep Wifi On after the screen is locked)
    Then I have an internet connection and everything works fine.
    But after maybe 45 minutes or so, after not using my phone, though there is a logo on the top of my screen that indicates that I'm still connected to the network, when I try to use the internet the phone says that I do not have connection.
    What I do is I turn off the Wifi, and then turn it on again, and then I could connect to the internet once again.
    The cycle continues.

I'm just worried that the connectivity on my phone has a problem for it kinda disconnects itself to a network after a period of time.
    Is it just me or it is the nature of Windows Phone?
    I'm hoping for a response.
    Thank you so much.
    05-02-2013 08:03 AM
    Have you tried rebooting your router? :)
    05-02-2013 08:34 AM
    Seems your router goes to sleep after 45 mins :s
    Try pairing your phone to a different connection, completely different one.

You may end up visiting the Router Care instead of Nokia Care :)
    05-03-2013 12:59 AM
    Yes it seems the problem with your router. Dose your laptop or desktop also disconnects after 45 minutes ?
    05-03-2013 02:28 AM
    Facing the same problem on my 920. Happens once or twice a day...have to reboot the router for wifi to work again on d 920...Apparently the problem is limited to my 920 only, other devices work fine when 920 doesn't..
    05-03-2013 02:40 AM
    No. My Router is fine, really. Because my laptop and my iPod Touch does not disconnect to the Internet unlike my Lumia 720. I am 100% sure there is no problem with the router or the internet connection because like I said, my iTouch and laptop NEVER loses internet connection and do not need turning off and on of wifi like my Lumia 720. So, I'm really feeling like the 720 has a problem. Help again, guys? Please?
    05-03-2013 07:25 AM
    Facing the same problem on my 920. Happens once or twice a day...have to reboot the router for wifi to work again on d 920...Apparently the problem is limited to my 920 only, other devices work fine when 920 doesn't..
    Exactly the same issue with my 720. But i don't reboot the router because turning on and off my wifi on 720 fixes the issue.
    What I do is I disable the setting for keep wifi on when screen is locked so that whenever I turn off the screen my wifi turns off, and when I turn my screen on the wifi turns on. And the problem is solved. The Only issue is that my 720 is not on standby with the wifi, meaning my device is not in standby for internet related notifications like mail, twitter, viber, etc.
    05-03-2013 07:29 AM
    No. My Router is fine, really. Because my laptop and my iPod Touch does not disconnect to the Internet unlike my Lumia 720. I am 100% sure there is no problem with the router or the internet connection because like I said, my iTouch and laptop NEVER loses internet connection and do not need turning off and on of wifi like my Lumia 720. So, I'm really feeling like the 720 has a problem. Help again, guys? Please?
    The problem is likely not either the phone or the router, but possibly both. I have a Lumia 720 and a Billion 7800N wireless modem/router. I have rock solid wifi. I also have flawless wifi at work. So it's certainly possible to have a 720 connected via wifi all day without a dropout.

Unfortunately the wifi standard is open to a little vendor interpretation and this sometimes leads to incompatibility between certain devices. One way to troubleshoot the issue is to find another wifi connection (say at Maccas or a friends house) and see if that drops connection also. If it does, then it points to a fault with your phone - perhaps the wifi chip is marginal or the antenna isn't connected properly. If your phone hangs on to other wifi connections, then it could be that your wireless router just doesn't 'like' the way wifi has been implemented on the phone. Only real solution if this is the case is to either get another phone or another router.
    05-05-2013 11:36 PM
    The problem is likely not either the phone or the router, but possibly both. I have a Lumia 720 and a Billion 7800N wireless modem/router. I have rock solid wifi. I also have flawless wifi at work. So it's certainly possible to have a 720 connected via wifi all day without a dropout.

Unfortunately the wifi standard is open to a little vendor interpretation and this sometimes leads to incompatibility between certain devices. One way to troubleshoot the issue is to find another wifi connection (say at Maccas or a friends house) and see if that drops connection also. If it does, then it points to a fault with your phone - perhaps the wifi chip is marginal or the antenna isn't connected properly. If your phone hangs on to other wifi connections, then it could be that your wireless router just doesn't 'like' the way wifi has been implemented on the phone. Only real solution if this is the case is to either get another phone or another router.
    Thank you so much!
    I currently have no other wifi connection to connect into and check if the same issue is present on there but I will do try that some other time.
    If the problem persists, then I should contact Nokia Care immediately.
    05-06-2013 07:33 AM
    The problem is likely not either the phone or the router, but possibly both.
    +1

I would suspect a compatibility issue between phone and router as well. It's not unusual for different implementations on the WiFi spec to not play nice with each other. Bluetooth is also prone to these kind of compatibility issues; Motorola's bluetooth stack was quite bad about 7 years ago and wouldn't play nice with Nokia nor several third party hands-free kits.
    Valiant Lumia 720 likes this.
    05-06-2013 08:08 PM
    I would also recommend getting your routers model number and updating to the latest firmware.
    05-06-2013 08:10 PM
    hi everybody,i face the same problems as valiant.my 720 cant connect to my router and it keeps reading no response from the router,but,when i checked with my dad's iphone 5 it worked perfectly.please help me,i would be extremely grateful.:)
    Valiant Lumia 720 likes this.
    06-10-2013 10:44 AM
    hi everybody,i face the same problems as valiant.my 720 cant connect to my router and it keeps reading no response from the router,but,when i checked with my dad's iphone 5 it worked perfectly.please help me,i would be extremely grateful.:)
    Did you read the other posts in this thread? Have you tried any of the suggestions given? If so, what results did you see?
    06-10-2013 08:49 PM
    hi ozrob,i did see your and everybody's suggestions but it didnt work,thanks anyway,i will contact nokia customer care.thanks ozrob.
    06-11-2013 10:26 AM
    hi ozrob,i did see your and everybody's suggestions but it didnt work,thanks anyway,i will contact nokia customer care.thanks ozrob.
    So you have tried connecting to WiFi on another router, yes? If it's a compatibility issue between your router and phone, then contacting Nokia Care won't help.
    06-12-2013 07:19 PM
    My lumia 720 is having a very different problem. After switching off the wi fi it doesn't connect to internet using data connection. Even though data connection is 'on'
    07-03-2013 11:19 AM
    i've a white colour nokia lumia 720.when i using my lumia 720 with wifi , wifi connection lost after 2 to 3 minutes. please give the solution of this.
    10-11-2013 12:01 PM
    I have the exact Same issue. Already checked the option for Keep Wifi On after the screen is locked, still nothing has worked for me.
    If you come up with a solution please let me know tried soft reset too hope it works. Already been to wifi issues with Lumia 720 - Microsoft Community it didn't help :/
    04-14-2014 04:59 AM
    i've a white colour nokia lumia 720.when i using my lumia 720 with wifi , wifi connection lost after 2 to 3 minutes. please give the solution of this.
    I have the exact Same issue. Already checked the option for Keep Wifi On after the screen is locked, still nothing has worked for me.
    If you come up with a solution please let me know tried soft reset too hope it works. Already been to wifi issues with Lumia 720 - Microsoft Community it didn't help :/
    Is this issue only with one particular WiFi network, eg. your home network, or is this a general problem with all WiFi networks?
    04-14-2014 06:19 PM
    My phone seems to be giving the problem. All other devices connected to my home network work just fine. Even other Android devices and my laptop work just fine.
    And I don't connect to any other wifi network so cant say for sure but wifi seems to be okay
    04-15-2014 12:09 AM
    My phone seems to be giving the problem. All other devices connected to my home network work just fine. Even other Android devices and my laptop work just fine.
    And I don't connect to any other wifi network so cant say for sure but wifi seems to be okay
    OK. You will need to test it with another WiFi network to be sure that it's not your phone's WiFi chip that is faulty.

But that not withstanding, the problem is most likely to be an incompatibility between your WiFi router and your phone. WiFi is a standard, but like all standards, it is open to interpretation in places, and sometimes two designers implement the standard in very slightly different ways that cause issues like this. It's not your phone's fault nor is it your router's fault - it's the fault of the combination of both. They just don't play well together.

Unfortunately, in these cases there is no definitive answer as to how to get the devices talking to each other. Some things I'd try are:
    • Upgrade your router firmware to the latest available
    • Change the security settings for the WiFi to see if a different encryption or WPA version makes a difference
    • Change the WiFi band on which your router is operating
    • Enable SSID broadcast if it's disabled
    • Go through every wifi setting on your router and make sure it's all set properly

If none of that makes a difference, you might have to consider getting a new router - or a new phone. Sometimes two devices just wont play nice with each other and there's no solution.
    04-15-2014 01:44 AM
    I already tried most of them changing channel has apparently worked for me..its working since morning soo hopefully issue is resolved. Anyway thanks a Ton man.
    04-15-2014 06:49 AM