Watch the June 24Windows 11 event right here

05-24-2014 08:31 AM
178 ... 678
tools
    I had this happen to me with one of the three housings I purchased. I got a replacement. Fixing the button is a pain. At least I could not get it to work because the rubber piece that pushes onto the button on the ribbon adhered to the side of the board was damaged (the extended nipple must have broken off and it was flat and no matter how much you pushed it would not reach the actual button). I got a replacement.

I'd contact the seller and ask him for a refund or replacement. He should have no problem with you shipping the damaged back (if he wants it back) after you receive the replacement.
    good luck

only on my yellow one I saw a slight difference in color from body and simcard tray. I got another simcard tray that matched in color later though.

The camera cover on my red one was raised as well. I finally decided to fix it. You can pry it off carefully, remove all traces of glue or adhesive tape and use thin adhesive tape to reseat it. You may have to take the lens cover (glass) off in the process and reseat that as well. I use this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2551904
    or carbon tape from work ( a little wider) for this. Now it is flush.
    If you know how to change the housing this is easy to do.

some pictures here:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2543510

edit: here is a pic after I used the tape from Amazon above to finish the job. It's perfectly flush and sits rock solid in the housing.
    wp_20140521_005-400x209-.jpg
    Last edited by Derausgewanderte; 05-21-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    05-21-2014 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply Derausgewanderte!

I had this happen to me with one of the three housings I purchased. I got a replacement. Fixing the button is a pain. I'd contact the seller and ask him for a refund or replacement. He should have no problem with you shipping the damaged back (if he wants it back) after you receive the replacement.
    Sigh, I’d rather not have to ship it back to him as the thing only cost $18 (and shipping to china from Australia would probably be more expensive than the actual product). Maybe i’ll open it up and try to stick a piece of plastic in to try and make the contact better (assuming that's possible).

only on my yellow one I saw a slight difference in color from body and simcard tray. I got another simcard tray that matched in color later though.
    I’ve asked the seller for a new one, if he sends one thats great, otherwise I’m not worried really, I never look at the sim card tray tbh!

The camera cover on my red one was raised as well. I finally decided to fix it. You can pry it off carefully, remove all traces of glue or adhesive tape and use thin adhesive tape to reseat it. You may have to take the lens cover (glass) off in the process and reseat that as well.
    Thanks for those links and photos of the procedure! I’ll definitely keep them for later use (first priority is the iffy power button!).

Thanks again for the continued support in this thread, i know everyone here appreciates it!

Edit: here are some pictures, because everyone loves pictures. http://imgur.com/a/vgoeW
    Sorry I was too excited to take photos of the yellow enclosure before i put it on!

EDIT 2: Seller is shipping me another one! Hopefully it wont take too long to arrive....but odds are.... :/
    Last edited by nikhilr51; 05-22-2014 at 12:29 AM.
    Derausgewanderte likes this.
    05-21-2014 07:21 PM
    I purchased a red 920 and now I have a yellow 920 which I got replaced as red was not available with Nokia. I had some issues with a red one after 9 months of use and its good to have a change ;)
    05-24-2014 08:31 AM
178 ... 678