Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion (album)

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
You could use glue, double-sided sticky tape, anything really. You might want to use something which can easily be removed if you want to change the housing again at some point.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Skimmed through this thread.
General jist im getting is

2buya = original
5_bestcell= knock off?

with 380 sold i'm leaning towards 5bestcell though:/

advice?

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt even worry about sticking the charging coil down. maybe a small bit of tape at the edge holding it to the shell but it's pretty solid when it's all put back together and there's a small point to line it up with

As for original housing vs knock off.

Frankly I'd lean to %95 of the ones on ebay as knock off. The OEM ones retail for a good $60. Anything substantially less ( lots of $30 ones about ) are likely fake. The glossy cyan being a very key indicator. Any seller with gloss cyan, you can bet the rest of their stock is knock off to. Suprised people don't want to face facts that they bought a knock off. Does it matter ? no, not really. If it fits and has no side effects then be happy with it. but it is what it is

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Skimmed through this thread.
General jist im getting is

2buya = original
5_bestcell= knock off?

with 380 sold i'm leaning towards 5bestcell though:/

advice?

This^ I'm thinking of buying a yellow cover from 5bestcell. Can anyone speak to the quality? I thought about the 2buya site too...but I looks like one of those sites that keeps your money and never sends the product....I'm in the US...suggestions?

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I have ordered several items from 2buya. A few cases as well as my red Lumia housing. I'm in Canada and I received my housing in a couple weeks. So far it is great. You have to pay a bit more though and you have to get the SIM tray separate as well. Really happy with it though.

musik103

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
No problem with 2buya and have bought a few items in the UK from them (2 CC1043, car holder and white housing) - all good. Shipping is usually pretty quick too, at least in the UK.

In terms of 5bestcell against 2buya - with the former it was a struggle to get the phone in to the casing and mine cracked pretty shortly afterward. With the genuine case from 2buya it slotted straight in and no issues whatsoever. It's a bit more but in the long run worth it for me.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This^ I'm thinking of buying a yellow cover from 5bestcell. Can anyone speak to the quality? I thought about the 2buya site too...but I looks like one of those sites that keeps your money and never sends the product....I'm in the US...suggestions?
I got mine from 5bestcell. See my posts above. My yellow case is still perfect after a couple months. But, reading all the other negative experiences with that buyer, I feel like I am in the minority.
$95 including shipping is a little steep for me. Found this interesting link where somebody sells used original Nokia cases at Amazon
http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listi...ag=techracom00-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2064477

edit: aeeh, it's just one used case...

Last edited:

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
For anyone questioning the quality of these housings, whilst they look the part they are very brittle. My phone was dropped onto a solid tiled floor from about 3 foot. I would expect the screen the take a smashing ( which it didnt, survived a treat ) but not a chunk to fly off the housing.

WP_20130806_001.jpg

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the thread necromancy but in the interests of keeping everything in one place, the bestcell_5 cases are still being sold for ?22 and the 2_buy_a cases are ?60. Is it still the general consensus that if you're in the market for a replacement shell you need to get one genuine from 2_buy_a? What does his shells come with? The antenna? Torx Screwdrivers? Or just literally the shell?

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know how safe would these housings be? New Housing Battery Back Door Cover Rear Case Sim Tray for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay

Sorry for the thread necromancy but in the interests of keeping everything in one place, the bestcell_5 cases are still being sold for ?22 and the 2_buy_a cases are ?60. Is it still the general consensus that if you're in the market for a replacement shell you need to get one genuine from 2_buy_a? What does his shells come with? The antenna? Torx Screwdrivers? Or just literally the shell?

Yeah, I would like to know if 2_buy_a does include things like the sim tray as well.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Last time I checked 2_buy_a did not include sim tray or Torx screw drivers. It was just the shell with all the antennas. Everything else had to be purchased separately.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Bought a red one & installed it yesterday. Noticed there were no creaking sounds when pressing the top of the phone, but also noticed the case seemed lighter and ha a different texture (On the top specifically) which may have been a difference between the AT&T and international version, so no real problems there and loved the change.
Then at work today I hit my leg off a cupboard in the bathroom and cracked the bezel around the camera. Why me!? :/

InterKnight

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my phone around 5 times recently on concrete face first every time - screen is fine but the corners are dinged pretty hard. Feeling pretty glad I went with a Lumia over a 5 when I bought it: the drops weren't child's play. It's still rocking hard though I just want it to be in pristine condition again! So I'm going to shell out for the 2_buy_a OEM yellow shell - do I follow the video guide found in this thread the same? Someone mentioned it doesn't come with screw drivers - can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get the right screw drivers or are they common in tool-sets because I have a tool-set sitting around.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Dropped my phone around 5 times recently on concrete face first every time - screen is fine but the corners are dinged pretty hard. Feeling pretty glad I went with a Lumia over a 5 when I bought it: the drops weren't child's play. It's still rocking hard though I just want it to be in pristine condition again! So I'm going to shell out for the 2_buy_a OEM yellow shell - do I follow the video guide found in this thread the same? Someone mentioned it doesn't come with screw drivers - can anyone point me in the right direction on where to get the right screw drivers or are they common in tool-sets because I have a tool-set sitting around.

you only need a T5 torx screw driver and a flat plastic tool to remove the charging coil. I got my set at Newegg but they are available at a lost of places, e.g. Nokia Lumia 920 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - YouTube
He also explains what tools you need. For changing the case you only need the T5 torx. The headphone jack is likely attached to the case unlike the video shows.

PS: there is a seller in the US now that sells the back case with the charging coil for $25 (simtray needs to be purchased separately though)
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e....ebay.com%2Fitm%2F130991775725&token=o7ahySn7
I've seen yellow, black and white so far. possibly other colors
makes the swapping much easier...

Last edited:

tacofiend

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from 5bestcell and THIS is what happened with my White Housing when I just dropped from like 1 ft in my room. This thing is not even polycarbonate, it's just CHEAP PLASTIC. At least I got a full refund, but I won't be buying anything else from him, thats for sure!

View attachment 36595View attachment 36596

That's EXACTLY what happened to mine, started with a hairline crack, started chipping. There's a huge crack all the way down the back of the phone now. Didn't get mine from that seller though, I got from electronic_box, and upon further inspection looks like I got my new red one from the same guy...dammit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss