Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion (album)

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You should have made a video, it would have been most useful! I have opened by phone before but I'd like to see how you removed the wireless charging plate and the headphone jack and put them in the new shell.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It was reassuring that they weren't, because it would have meant a much higher chance of not being OEM. I've had my fair share of non-OEM housings for iPhones and they were absolutely terrible in fit and quality. I think if anyone wants a custom colour they should buy a black/grey one and take it to a car-painter. I paint cars for a living and will probably have a Ford Focus ST green one in the next few months using a spare black. The matte texture is a good foundation for primer.

I was thinking the same..

I first saw the gunmetal color on a Lumia 800. It was done by a gentleman who did custom car mods.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a question about the camera badge/bezel. If, whenever it's up for sale, the cyan shells do not come with the camera badge, is it possible to transfer the badge from the original casing to the replacement one? Also, did the seller you bought from include the correct screwdriver(s?) needed? I don't have the right screwdriver(s?) so if that's not included idk if I can justify buying something like this :p

Edit: Nevermind about the screwdrivers, I just looked at the lot that you bought from and saw that the screwdrivers were included :)

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just did this with a red cover. Came with no extras, so I had to take everything out of my old cover. Didn't take more than 30 min, EXCEPT
I put the port for the usb charger in backwards. No big deal, took it off again - The adhesive that I used for the side pieces I guess wasn't dry when I put it back together. Stuck to the side ribbon for the volume and power button and ripped as I took it out.
Not a huge deal, can get another for $11.... I would just recommend doing it right the first time, or make sure if you use adhesive, let it dry

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
You should have made a video, it would have been most useful! I have opened by phone before but I'd like to see how you removed the wireless charging plate and the headphone jack and put them in the new shell.

I literally just heated both sides up with a hairdryer and carefully worked at the wireless coil with a flat plastic tool until it came free. Some of the sticky plastic was still attached to the original housing so I just peeled it back and placed it back onto the coil. The headphone jack was a case of heating up from all sides, then using the small plastic tool to pop it downwards from the port end, rather than lifting up like the coil. Again, just fixed the sticky plastic back into place and popped it into the new housing. It's really easy.

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you receive it yet? Post before and after pics. I really want to buy one but I'm concerned about the quality :(

Wouldn't worry about the quality. I ordered a yellow one, still waiting for it to arrive, but it seems like they're 100% real and original. Read OP's notes, he clearly says that they're OEM.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't worry about the quality. I ordered a yellow one, still waiting for it to arrive, but it seems like they're 100% real and original. Read OP's notes, he clearly says that they're OEM.

its just I used to repair blackberries for years and changing housings was a norm. From my experience with them, they always say its oem but that's never the case :(

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Do these come with the little "glass" (not sure if it's the actual lens or not) that is in front of the camera on the exterior? Mine has a scratch on it and it impedes my image quality so I need to replace it! Or if anyone knows where I could get one, thanks.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Do these come with the little "glass" (not sure if it's the actual lens or not) that is in front of the camera on the exterior? Mine has a scratch on it and it impedes my image quality so I need to replace it! Or if anyone knows where I could get one, thanks.

Yes, they do!

Just an update for you all (OP). I've had the new housing on for two weeks now, still absolutely perfect, no scratches or any signs of wear on any of the parts. I work with cars, my hands are always dirty etc, so I have not been treating it with much care at all. Still looks as good as the day I did it. Red one on the way, hopefully have it for the weekend :)

Ozasis

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I asked the eBay seller about cyan and he just got them in. I have ordered one and not many left. If its the same as the yellow one Ill be very happy. I was surprised it came with the antennaes and buttons etc. Would be handle buying another wireless coil so didn't have to move that each time...

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I asked the eBay seller about cyan and he just got them in. I have ordered one and not many left. If its the same as the yellow one Ill be very happy. I was surprised it came with the antennaes and buttons etc. Would be handle buying another wireless coil so didn't have to move that each time...

Hi, which seller has cyan ? Thanks

jackbrennan

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I just did this today. My shell came with 2 broken plastic bits on the inside that hold the button in place which was a shame. I managed to salvage the original ones from the Black cover, so it still worked out.

The Yellow case wasn't as snug a fit as the original black one with it having a minor creak on the top left corner.

It took me around an hour. Most of that time was spent with the hair dryer and maybe 10 minutes on removing the shell because it's pretty stiff the fist time it comes off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon