Lumia 920 black to yellow conversion (album)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
when I look at 2_buy_a 's yellow case here I cannot tell the difference between what I see and the one I received. It even has the same protection strip on the camera window with the same color. The parts that are thicker, clearly seen in the raised PC on the inside are all identical. It has the same number stamped on the inside (N10 - 0....). The backside has a protective film on it just like the one I received from 5_bestcell. 5_bestcell stated to some folks that the cases are OEM. On his ebay site it does not specifically say this though.
Manufacturer :100% Brand Newreplacement, High quality guarantee.
This really could mean anything and this A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items) under conditions doesn't make it better - handmade? maybe something got lost in translation....
Maybe a mixed bag of OEM and copies? Not sure, although I'd like to believe what I got is OEM :winktongue:
He went down to $32 at the moment ($35 when I purchased it). Buying the supposedly OEM from 2_buy_a would cost me a whopping 96 bucks with shipping - too much for my wallet.

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
when I look at 2_buy_a 's yellow case here I cannot tell the difference between what I see and the one I received. It even has the same protection strip on the camera window with the same color. The parts that are thicker, clearly seen in the raised PC on the inside are all identical. It has the same number stamped on the inside (N10 - 0....). The backside has a protective film on it just like the one I received from 5_bestcell. 5_bestcell stated to some folks that the cases are OEM. On his ebay site it does not specifically say this though.
Manufacturer :100% Brand Newreplacement, High quality guarantee.
This really could mean anything and this A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items) under conditions doesn't make it better - handmade? maybe something got lost in translation....
Maybe a mixed bag of OEM and copies? Not sure, although I'd like to believe what I got is OEM :winktongue:
He went down to $32 at the moment ($35 when I purchased it). Buying the supposedly OEM from 2_buy_a would cost me a whopping 96 bucks with shipping - too much for my wallet.

Interesting. Does your yellow case have that black strip down the right side? Think that is used to help with heat distribution?

Also @z33dev how did you confirm that what you got was OEM? Thanks

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. Does your yellow case have that black strip down the right side? Think that is used to help with heat distribution?
ha, I did not pay attention to that. It's not on the yellow case I received. It is on my old black case though. I must have scratched it when I disassembled it first time. I can see that it is multiplayer film, underneath it is what looks like a thin Aluminum layer. Either shielding or heat transfer, not sure. Too thin to peel off, thinner than paper.
Then I also noticed that the original case has entirely different markings on the inside, e.g. not the N10-0 number and it has a stamp that reads PC F5-1 under a Recycling symbol.
Guess only Nokia will be able to tell whether the ones on ebay are "real" or not.

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone confirm that the housing covers sold by 5_bestcell are in polycarbonate? I'd like to try and get a white one.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am positive it is PC, that would be the only polymer that makes any sense to use. That doesn't mean it is the same quality though. After reading the post above about flexing I have tried to compare my original with the one I bought from him and I cannot tell any difference in the pliability or flexibility. As far as I can tell these are of the same quality.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
after recieving my cyan housing with a crack in the bottom the seller is sending me another ( top marks for the seller ). I thought I'd put it on my phone anyway, it's only a crack after all. 3 days later there is now a crack at the top on the right corner. This was definitely not there initially. Oh well. will wait to see what the replacement is like.

peter14f

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Got my replacement today. This time the plastic pieces are in great condition. The camera ceramic says "Carl Zeiss" instead of "Nokia" though.
The ceramic is attached to the housing by glue, so with a little bit of pushing and bending of the housing, I was able to take it off and replace it.
Thumbs up to the seller. He did not ask me to send the defective housing back either.

So if you are not satisfied with what you receive, make sure you let him know.

Received the yellow one on Monday. But after I popped my phone in, the power button is very lose and the camera button doesn't work. I found some plastic pieces inside to be cracked as mentioned in post #40.

Contacted the seller 5_bestcell and he has agreed to ship me another one.

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
With all the comments in this forum, I'm pretty sure 5_bestcell sells the official Nokia casing, but the ones that got rejected and failed quality testing.. I got one with this defect.

ttgwnl8.jpg

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
With all the comments in this forum, I'm pretty sure 5_bestcell sells the official Nokia casing, but the ones that got rejected and failed quality testing.. I got one with this defect.
yep, I came to the same conclusion, after initial reservations (above posts). Also, the seller has no problems replacing obviously problematic parts. I had excellent correspondence with him and see that others have no issues getting replacements or refunds either.

Last edited:

wpy#WP

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Just finished changing my 920 to yellow from black tonight after getting Nokia unCare to clean my FFC that was already white with dust (had to pay bcoz i bought my 920 from another country). Took me about an hour and really really satisfied with the result. bought the housing from ebay seller wwon_one. IT was in excellent condition.DSC_0824.JPG

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
yep, I came to the same conclusion, after initial reservations (above posts). Also, the seller has no problems replacing obviously problematic parts. I had excellent correspondence with him and see that others have no issues getting replacements or refunds either.

Same here. Ordered and received a red one recently and there is a slight issue with the plastic round the lens area. Hardly noticeable so reckon it's good value for ?20

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Would you guys suggest me bring my phone and the new housing cover to someone who actually knows where to put his hands when it comes of these particular things?
I would do it myself but I don't want to risk and make a mess. Is there any of you who did not have any experience of this kind and managed to replace it anyway?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Would you guys suggest me bring my phone and the new housing cover to someone who actually knows where to put his hands when it comes of these particular things?
I would do it myself but I don't want to risk and make a mess. Is there any of you who did not have any experience of this kind and managed to replace it anyway?
if you know somebody, go for it. The instructions from the video are clear and if you know somebody who has taken apart electronic devices you should be good. As always, there are no guarantees. Good luck.

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
God you're all making me worried now. I bough the yellow housing and a backup wireless charging part and cable for LCD in case it breaks, I only need to take off the headphone jack. I was so excited but after reading some posts here about the bad quality of the replacement shells and how they break etc.. Not sure I'm gonna change, especially as this voids my warranty and for what? A crappy replacement shell?

Very disappointed that the eBay sellers promised OEM parts whilst in fact it's some rubbish produced somewhere in a ****ty factory, or at best, rejected shells from Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz