Attention Canadians!! Whoohoo I got the DT-900 wireless charger for 34$ !!

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
And I got it from the least expected of places... the friggin Canadian MS store!! which seems to have radically different stock from the American counterpart.

Here's the link!
Microsoft Store Canada Online Store - Search Results

Still can't believe the Rogers store sells them for 69$ and don't even think about walking to a store and asking for a wireless charger... man these sales rep are so clueless. I had to spend at least 15 minutes instructing the poor fellow on the wonders of wireless charging, it's like I was announcing that man had walked on the moon!

Haaa crazy kids!

Cheers!

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
i'm ordering one too, its free shipping as well! I believe WPCentral recently posted a deal in US for USD29 from some not very well known site. Can't beat CDN34 from a recognized store with free shipping.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I clicked on your link and there are two options, one that is 34 and the other is 49. Doesn't seem to be a color thing. The $34 one only shows the plate while the other shows the plate, power cord and power adapter. Could the $34 one really JUST be the plate without the cord?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
whats the big deal guys? Sorry, i just got the device and don't see a reason to rush. If it more of a 'cool' factor or is there something im missing?

currently At work im using a cable connected to my docking station to charge the device.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
no big deal, you just don't need to plug your phone in all the time, giving your USB port a break, had the USB port just break on the galaxy note (i know i know, SAMSUNG)
whats the big deal guys? Sorry, i just got the device and don't see a reason to rush. If it more of a 'cool' factor or is there something im missing?

currently At work im using a cable connected to my docking station to charge the device.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
no big deal, you just don't need to plug your phone in all the time, giving your USB port a break, had the USB port just break on the galaxy note (i know i know, SAMSUNG)

ahhhh ok cool. I mean, i'd like to show off by placing my device down to charge instead of plugging it in...but ill pass for now.

Hey man, Samsung makes good machines...they're just cheaply built. I have a Nexus 7 and would gladly swap it for a Samsung 7" Tablet any day.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was just kidding, I like Samsung, have nothing against it, don't even mind the plastic build.
ahhhh ok cool. I mean, i'd like to show off by placing my device down to charge instead of plugging it in...but ill pass for now.

Hey man, Samsung makes good machines...they're just cheaply built. I have a Nexus 7 and would gladly swap it for a Samsung 7" Tablet any day.

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey y'all, I checked that link too. I was curious about the price difference too and decided to chat with a ms person when the window popped up. The cheaper one won't work without the additional accessories that come with the more expensive one.

Basically, the cheaper one is unusable without the extra stuff that comes with the more expensive one.

You buy the expensive black one and you've got a working plate. The cheaper option is just if you want to use a diff colour.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
damn, thanks for the heads up Sheriff.
Hey y'all, I checked that link too. I was curious about the price difference too and decided to chat with a ms person when the window popped up. The cheaper one won't work without the additional accessories that come with the more expensive one.

Basically, the cheaper one is unusable without the extra stuff that comes with the more expensive one.

You buy the expensive black one and you've got a working plate. The cheaper option is just if you want to use a diff colour.

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Dude if that's true Microsoft will need to own up to an obvious misrepresentation. The page says it's a dt-900 and that's the Nokia sku, you can't "take out" parts of a sku... I know Microsoft is new to the whole retail store thong but please...
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Just relaying what I was told. Does seem totally scammy haha. Its like they are forcing you to buy the black one.....even if all you want is the white one....like in my case. Why do I have to buy a black one just so I can use a colour one? So lame. Why not just sell all of the plates for the same price with all the same stuff included.......it just boggles the mind.
Imagine they tried to pull the same thing with surface. "I'm sorry sir did you say you wanted the blue type cover? In order to use that one you need this special accessory that only comes with the black cover......shall I ring you up for both?" haha

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Same story here, I called,to cancel my order and let them know how profoundly stupid that is... I guess they took the word wireless a bit too literally. The rep was super sweet but MAN does their system sucks!
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok folks... time to clear this up.

I sent my brother the link to the $33.75 pricing 2-3 weeks back and he ordered 2. Having read the "plate only, no accessories" info above just now I contacted him to see if this was true. He told me that both of his plates arrived with all of the parts "in pretty Nokia boxes". He's thrilled with his plates and paid half of what I did... @$#!...

He confirmed that black was not an option when he ordered. So guys, don't believe everything an online chat rep says.

Regards.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
LOL, thanks pdj. Mine has to come in first before I can return it, cause when I called them, they already shipped it to me. If mine comes in with everything, I'll just call them and tell them I'm keeping it.
Ok folks... time to clear this up.

I sent my brother the link to the $33.75 pricing 2-3 weeks back and he ordered 2. Having read the "plate only, no accessories" info above just now I contacted him to see if this was true. He told me that both of his plates arrived with all of the parts "in pretty Nokia boxes". He's thrilled with his plates and paid half of what I did... @$#!...

He confirmed that black was not an option when he ordered. So guys, don't believe everything an online chat rep says.

Regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion