How to configure built in Outlook in Lumia 720 for Gmail

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Im having problem configuring outlook for gmail in L720. In other account(pop & imap) under email+account,gmail is working perfectly. how to configure it for built in outlook client. please help if there is any solution.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Unless something has changed with gmail, in your settings, go to email-accounts, tap add an account, choose google. Then email addy and password. That is all it is usually. What are you seeing?

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Unless something has changed with gmail, in your settings, go to email-accounts, tap add an account, choose google. Then email addy and password. That is all it is usually. What are you seeing?

That way gmail is working ok but i want to configure it with built in outlook client with imap settings. thanks for the reply.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
That way gmail is working ok but i want to configure it with built in outlook client with imap settings. thanks for the reply.

What problem are you having? In which ap is your Gmail account being displayed? AFAIK if you follow the instructions in Techblogger's post you will get Gmail in the default WP8 email app. If your problem is that you have two separate in-boxes and you only want one, the just open the email app and select Link Inboxes in the settings.

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
What problem are you having? In which ap is your Gmail account being displayed? AFAIK if you follow the instructions in Techblogger's post you will get Gmail in the default WP8 email app. If your problem is that you have two separate in-boxes and you only want one, the just open the email app and select Link Inboxes in the settings.

Thanks for the reply. I have found the solution here at wpc. To setup your gmail as an Outlook account just go through the sign in portion under a new Outlook account (email/password). Then try to sign in, it'll throw an error saying it can't sign in and then show the username and domain fields below the original fields. Add @gmail.com to the username it's provided (it should be your full email address) and then ignore the domain field. Sign in again. It should throw another error giving the option for "advanced" now, tap it. It should show you an option for a server, type in "m.google.com" and make sure the SSL box is checked (think mine was on by default and I didn't scroll to look for it). Let it sync up and it'll behave more like the gmail.

Short version :)
email: fulladdress @gmail.com
password: password
username: fulladdress @gmail.com
domain: [leave blank]
server: m.google.com
SSL?: Yes/Check

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have found the solution here at wpc. ...

But I'm still not sure what you're problem was??? I use Gmail as my main email account on my 720. I simply opened the email app, went to Settings and added a new Google account. My Gmail emails appear in the default mail app on the 720. If I want a unified inbox for both Gmail and my Windows Live Mail account (which is the account I set the phone up with) I can Link the two and then get emails from both accounts in the one Inbox. So what exactly was the problem that made you hunt for the convoluted solution you posted. I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve or have achieved.

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
But I'm still not sure what you're problem was??? I use Gmail as my main email account on my 720. I simply opened the email app, went to Settings and added a new Google account. My Gmail emails appear in the default mail app on the 720. If I want a unified inbox for both Gmail and my Windows Live Mail account (which is the account I set the phone up with) I can Link the two and then get emails from both accounts in the one Inbox. So what exactly was the problem that made you hunt for the convoluted solution you posted. I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve or have achieved.

Dear in windows8 phone, in my case l720 settings>email+accounts>add an account>outlook. here in outlook, gmail was not configuring while in settings>email+accounts>add an account>gmail it worked perfectly. so my solution is for inbuilt outlook client in windows8 phone. both are the different things but in user experience they work same.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
... in my case l720 settings>email+accounts>add an account>outlook.

That's the bit I don't get. Why would you select Outlook when you are trying to add a Gmail account.

...settings>email+accounts>add an account>gmail it worked perfectly.

As it should, because that's how you're supposed to add a Gmail account to the Windows Phone 8 email app.

... so my solution is for inbuilt outlook client in windows8 phone.

Both solutions are for inbuilt outlook client in windows8 phone.

both are the different things but in user experience they work same.

So what's the advantage of adding a Gmail account by selecting add Outlook account rather than add Gmail account?

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
There is a one word which is called curiosity.... so I learn with that word.. if it was configurin with gmail then why not in outlook with same user name and password ... so, with curiosity i found the solution... :smile:

Aseem186

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I added gmail account today but it still shows my hotmail email in email app. I had to link inboxes to see mails from both emails but I just need my gmail account to be the default one. What should I do?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I added gmail account today but it still shows my hotmail email in email app. I had to link inboxes to see mails from both emails but I just need my gmail account to be the default one. What should I do?

Just click on the Gmail account in the email app to make it active. Next time you go back, it will still be active. There is no concept of a 'default' mail app, whatever account is show is the active one. If you're viewing the Gmail account, it's the one that you will be replying from.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
if you add a gmail account via Outlook, make sure you go to settings if your want all email from your outlook.com account to go out as yourname@gmail.com.

Your gmail account becomes an alias and you can change your "from Device" to your gmail.

I hope this helps.

- Bobby

PRIYA2013

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
How to set new ringtones in NOKIA LUMIA 720

i m usiNG nokia lumia 720
can u please hepl me how can i set any new ring tone like song or any

Dheeraj Gupta

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,

for setup a Gmail account with built-in outlook in windows phone.
Fill the details in that manner.

User name : abc@gmail.com
Password : xyz123
Domain : gmail.com
Server : m.google.com

and check on SSL box

That's it....

I would also like to tell you, why gmail is needs to configure through outlook !!!!
The answer is , if we configure gmail with "gmail account" option under add email account there will be synchronize only with the Gmail server but not with ur outlook which you also have configured with in ur laptop or office computer , for example : ms office outlook .

Let I brief U , suppose u have configured your Gmail account with ur laptop's outlook and in mobile with add Gmail account option then whenever u send any mail through laptop's outlook it will not reflect in ur mobile's gmail accounts sent items , it will only show at outlook or sometime in gmail account on pc but not in mobile .
If u have configured ur gmail account through outlook in windows phone then it reflect in sent item whether it is sent from mobile/laptop's outlook/gmail.com

This is my personal experience which i have shared

I hope it will help u

Thanks

Last edited:

muhinboss

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
i want to connect gmail account in settings, gemail-accounts, add an account, choose google and give email address and password...but after few minutes it says that "google information incorrect. please update information for m.google.com".. it comes again and again.... please help me

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
i want to connect gmail account in settings, gemail-accounts, add an account, choose google and give email address and password...but after few minutes it says that "google information incorrect. please update information for m.google.com".. it comes again and again.... please help me

Do you have two-step verification turned on in your Google account? If so, you will need to generate an app-specific password in your Google Account Settings page and use that to log in with instead of your regular password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo