waterlogged, no display, phone boots, how to take backup?

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I've been using lumia 920 for only 2 months now, and unfortunately it got drenched with water after it fell on my kitchen sink.
Same day, i could see the screen being filled with water.. but after a while screen went black.. but the phone is able to boot and the bottom 3 keys are responsive.. i have around 2 gb of data and dont know how to take backup of the same.
unfortunately, i have setup a security lock.. so when i connect the usb cable, i am able to see a empty folder getting mounted. is there a way to remote desktop and unlock the phone and get the backup ? help please..
i had taken the phone to nokia care center in mumbai, they told me they are not authorized to open the 920.. only its serviceable in delhi center. and just to open the phone, the charge is a whopping Rs14000. and to add to it, the other costs if any hardware damage has happened..
my phone is as good as dead now..

Any help is greatly appreciated.. !!

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried completely drying it out? Chuck it in a tupperware with a load of pudding rice for a few days that should draw out the water, you may be lucky?

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
the service guy asked me not to open the phone.. but i guess its already out of warranty when it first fell on the water in first place.. i am holding my phone (not to give it for service for 14000 Rs yet.. !!) in the hope that, the water gets dried in few days !!.
2ndly, is there any desktop app with which i can access the phone remotely via usb and then unlock the phone and retrieve the data?

The phone has been ON since last night.. and keeping it near my laptop air vent where hot air comes and blowing my phone..

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have put my phone immersed in rice and its completely dried now. the phone boots and connects to my pc.. but empty device folder.. as security lock is enabled. screen is black..
if there was a possible way to take a backup in this condition.. (i dont know know if an app like mymobiler for win mob 6.5 exists for lumia 920.. :().
i am thinking now to give this phone to nokia care center and say my phone went dead last night.. and i am getting blank screen.. i have a hope that they replace faulty h/w freee of cost.. :smile:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
They will know if water has been in the device. They have pads that change color if they get wet. That's not to say they won't take care of you.

chandanbs

May 3, 2013
Visit site
my strategy worked but they found out anyways.. why i say worked.. :D.. because, when i went to another nokia care center, they noticed no water drops on my phone and did a first level investigation by opening the phone in their service center (the other service guy mustave lied to me seeing the phone being waterlogged).
they found cpu shield and lcd connector were damaged.. said.. repair cost to be 10111 Rs. sent my phone to delhi head center.. after 2 weeks it came back repaired.. but no warranty or guarantee for even the new replaced parts. just given me 7 days time to check the functionality. actual expenses came to 11123 as the lcd cost around 10k...
Finally got my black tank back.. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa