Possibly the best thing Microsoft and Nokia have done so far

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree that offering a great low-end phone (and pushing it on HSN and Walmart) is only going to help increase the marketshare. Also, only Android, WP can actually run very smooth on low-end devices. I would like to see WP devices pushed on Sprint, prepaid and regional carriers.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I also recently got one and find it slighly snappier than the 620 oddly. Build is great and feel of the device,screen is not too bad but not as bright or colourful as the others but still not terrible. Battery,signal and call quality all good and the camera does pretty good imo in decent light. No issues so far but the one thing I hate is the screen gets smudged too easy

Chemilinski

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't be running any faster, they have the exact same internals. Even the 720 should run the same.

And I got a matte screen protector for mine as the screen was indeed getting greasy very quickly. Now it does not show any grease at all!

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually wondering where the costs were cut with this one

No flash
No Magnometer
No Gyroscope
Some have said the 520/521's plastic case feels light (aka, perhaps a cheaper plastic)
No front facing camera (something almost every smartphone these days has)
No wireless charging (something that Nokia uses in most their phones, from what ive seen)

Of course, Low end hardware too (not like it matters much with Windows Phone)

Those are what I can remember off the top of my head.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Next year a phone like this will probably be sold for less than $100, and the future $150 model might (and I hope) have wireless charging shell options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre