Lumia 928 Launch Imminent says Nokia Power User dot com

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing...is it the week of May 12th which is technically the 3rd week of May (a month covering 5 weeks) or the week of May 19th ? I am going on vacation on May 17th and would love to have my new phone so hope it's the former rather than the latter. At least we are getting some news and hopefully a joint news conference to announce.

So the question is, would the 16th constitute as "3rd week of May"?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The 16th should be the day if this report is true. Wouldn't give it much advance time on the gs4 but at least it's a little. Hopefully an announcement will come and end the mystery.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
When looking at the calendar, one can easily conclude that May has five weeks in it, so I guess it's all subjective for companies to handle such dates. Let's hope Verizon sees it as such and release it on the 16th.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing...is it the week of May 12th which is technically the 3rd week of May (a month covering 5 weeks) or the week of May 19th ? I am going on vacation on May 17th and would love to have my new phone so hope it's the former rather than the latter. At least we are getting some news and hopefully a joint news conference to announce.

Keep in mind that unless you are leaving the country, even on vacation you could go into any Verizon store and get the new phone, should it come out while you're on vacation. :wink:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just remember that you should be near a wifi that you can use when you log into it the first time, or you'll end up burning through your data when you sign in and it starts restoring the "backup" that it has in the sky.

jhnybgood47

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The article says "stock availability 3rd week of May." To me that sounds like you can purchase the phone on that date. So they make announce on the 9th and release it on the 16th.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still hoping to have one on the ninth. To be assured of this, I have now changed all of my calendars to reflect a three day week.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I could tell you but you wouldn't understand, because I'm using a new numbering system that I have been working on for 2.3 of your old years, but it's still in beta, and I'm still working on the patent, so I can't explain it to you yet.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
With new rumors that the 928 will be in fact announced at the London event on the 14th it seems that the 16th has a strong shot of actually being the day that ends our wait. These rumors have been hit and miss so far so I am hoping that finally imminent means imminent!

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So it's coming out a whole week before the S4? That would be dumb, it would be completely drowned out. Bah, this is so frustrating.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
So it's coming out a whole week before the S4? That would be dumb, it would be completely drowned out. Bah, this is so frustrating.

Tbh, at this stage WP8 is still in its infancy, anyone likely to move to the platform would have already decided to do so, so the S4 isnt a problem.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter when the S4 launches. By the time the Lumia 928 launches, the S4 will have been out for a month in the US. That means the 928 will get front page on all of the tech websites and probably even VZW's site. All the more press coverage the S4 will get is "S4 available on Verizon today for $199." That's it. The 928 will have first looks, camera shootouts, and reviews all during the week the S4 comes out. The press side of things is handled.

As for consumer mindshare, Samsung has done a good job making the Galaxy brand just like the Droid or iPhone brand. Anyone interested in the 928 will get it. Unless some new apps and accessories launch with the 928, reps probably still won't care.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Comparisons between the 928 and S4 would be a good thing, even if the S4 is deemed to be the better phone. Any publicity is good publicity

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss