Lumia 820 Screen Strength

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i am a lottle bit concern that lumia 820 doesnt have gorilla glass. Is the screen on the lumia 820 that tough already to scratches or is it really prone to it

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla Glass is just a brand name for scratch resistant glass. The glass used for the 820 is just as equally scratch resistant but Nokia chose not to use the Gorilla brand, but some other supplier of scratch resistant glass.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys i am a lottle bit concern that lumia 820 doesnt have gorilla glass. Is the screen on the lumia 820 that tough already to scratches or is it really prone to it

Talking about the 820 screen, I've just seen my mates screen earlier today, and it's terrible. It looks like he has rubbed it with sandpaper, and all he has done keep it in the same pocket has his Nokia Xpress -- I wish I took a photo of it.

Bspain

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The 820 is a great phone and the display looks awesome but no Gorilla Glass is a massive fail. I've been through 2 screens now because of it. 1 got some random scraping or something on the screen but was covered under warranty and the other because a pillow fell off my bed onto the USB charging cable and it fell off my bedside table putting a crack right through the screen. I've treated this phone with the utmost care and this was the only 'drop' it has ever had. Because of this I cannot recommend the phone to anyone.
I have an older Win phone 7 LG with gorilla glass that has been through what I can only describe as full phone rape and the display/screen is perfect still after about 3 years of abuse. I've purposely thrown it onto concrete trying to break it ffs. I don't care if gorilla glass is just a brand name, it works extremely well and ****s all over the 820 glass. If they had given the 820 gorilla glass it would have been such a great phone.

Bspain

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I should add I've never broken a phone's screen before despite having smart phones since 2005. Nokia's, HTC's, LG's, iPhone's, iMate's etc all have never sustained screen damage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos