About Battery..

Pitchaya Pcy

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi

Just bought this phone yesterday, and I'm very happy w/ it :D

Only the prob is... battery life doesn't last long.. like can able long up at 5-6 hours, I just spend web-browsing (both wifi and 3G interchanging), play music around 10 mins, watching YT videos via metrotube. Otherwise I just downloaded some apps and kept the phone idling. :\

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is still buggy and alot of times app processes get stuck , even when apps are closed. This drains the battery alot.

It's good to do a soft reset any time you notice abnormal battery drain on your phone as this kills that rogue process.

Remember as well, the more you use your phone, the faster your battery will drain.

Also note that the 520 has a 1430 mAh battery

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But I'm not sure why others said they got much much better battery hours than mine? example this thread http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-520/222395-battery.html and mostly did same tasks on phone like mine did.. oh well.

People who post erratic times on their phone do not use their phone. They just leave it sitting there and make a call every now and then.

Don't be fooled by these posts. The less you use your phone, the longer the battery will take to drain.

sahil1990

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
turn off the location, Bluetooth .. and keep battery saver on all the time .. keel the brightness to low
doing this my 520's battery lasts more than a day..

Pitchaya Pcy

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have GPS running in the background? Nokia Drive/Nokia Here+ running in the background will drain the battery quickly. http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-keeps-running-background-drains-battery.html

Do you have Bluetooth on? If Bluetooth is enabled, but you're not using Bluetooth devices, the battery will drain while searching for a Bluetooth to connect.
Well, I also closed those background thing on setting menu. also I never used (and not likely) to using bluetooth.

People who post erratic times on their phone do not use their phone. They just leave it sitting there and make a call every now and then.

Don't be fooled by these posts. The less you use your phone, the longer the battery will take to drain.

Well, then any method to make it less worse? :V I mean it should has a way rather than "use it less" and also I bought the phone not for only calling though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo