back cover doesn't clamp right

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
hello guys.. i'm a new L620 user.. been waiting for the 720 to be released, got frustrated on waiting, so i bought the 620..
do you guys have the same issue like mine..
when i close the back cover, clamp it on my device, the right side of the phone rises a bit like 1/2mm or something.. like a screen lift issue..
some said there's no problem with it, even i say no big problem..
but when i push the lock button, there's a slight feel that the button is sinking..
but when i push the button while pressing the right side of the screen against the cover, there's no button sinking thing.. the power button clicks great

it's no big issue, but the mushy feeling on the power button doesn't feel that great..
what do you think.. is it because of the back cover, or the device?
is there anyone outhere having the same thing?
thankyou :D

nb: i'll post the pic later... currently at school :p

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Got the same issue on my previous Lumia 620.
However, this time, my screen was "lifted" on both sides. Pressing the cover on the left side would produce squeaky sound. Buttons were much stiffer than my another previous Lumia 710 and recently 820.
Would say that it's the production issue. Otherwise, it was an excellent smartphone. (It still is.)

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
i compared mine with my friend's 620... it's a hardware issue.. the circuit board and the plastic thing above the power button is loose and wobbly.. it makes the back cover not clamping well, hanging over where it should be
Indonesia's Global Teleshop promised to replace the phone if there's a problem found within two days after purchase.. so they managed to replace mine..
thanks for the thoughts above... it seems like that Nokia looses their quality control after moving their factory to China..
no offense.. but i found better phone build quality which is made in Taiwan or Korea..
other than that, it'as an awesome phone

Last edited:

SupaRawr93

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine isn't perfectly flush, either, I think the case itself may be slightly bowed, but it's not so serious that it's noticeable and the case stays on nice and firmly, so I'm not overly concerned.

rifqi23cool

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine isn't perfectly flush, either, I think the case itself may be slightly bowed, but it's not so serious that it's noticeable and the case stays on nice and firmly, so I'm not overly concerned.
that might be one of the problems found.. my friend got a problem like you once.. but he bought another back cover.. so the problem is on the back cover.. but my problem described above.. they didn't fix securely the circuit board with the plastic..
i replace it because i got nothing to lose.. the store is located very close to my home, and they offered me to replace mine with a new one..
who am i rejecting a new phone? LOL :evil:

Indeed. Not to mention I got a speck of dust under the screen.. Nokia should improve its production quality.
wait, what? under the screen?
have you contact or visit Nokia Care Center?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs