MMS problems 8x verizon

slamothe55

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update I cannot receive/send MMS messages. The message seems to go through but the person I am sending it to never actually receives it. And when someone sends me one I never even get the message.

Anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Windows phone 8x by HTC on Verizon Wireless

Thanks in advance!

ZachieChan

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problems! I attempt to send a picture and it never goes through! I also have networking issues such as the phone saying I have 3g but in reality I have no data service. This goes on and off. Anyone else have these issues? Biggest pet peeve of this phone.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have an 8x on Verizon and haven't experienced this. Is this a permanent problem or just one that occurs persistently?

NickxxVT

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since January, with the same constant issue. Did a full factory reset, still nothing. Unless I have full bars and 4gLTE, I can't send or receive MMS. Sometimes it won't work even with the full bars. Makes me miss my Android phones that could do it over WiFi.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
since the last update, i don't receive MMS's but i can send them. this issue only arose since the last update. looking for a fix, i might call verizon soon i guess

NickxxVT

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that mine will only send or receive MMS when I have full bars and LTE. What happened to the days of MMS over WiFi?

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
for everyone's reference, I did a hard reset and it didn't help. I've been on the phone with Verizon about it and they're saying most of my MMS's coming in are being rejected at the network, and that is has nothing to do with my phone really. The tech support rep "resynced my mms feature with my plan" (??? something like that) and that seems to have corrected my problem for the most part. it's still very intermittent but I receive almost all MMS's now. she still opened a trouble ticket and they're looking into more details for me so hopefully I know more soon, but so far it's much better

NickxxVT

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you do this via online chat with support, or in a store? I might give it a shot. I've tried everything. The people in the store here don't know anything about the phones. The only bugs they know about are things I've told them.

toddro6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
spoke with Verizon yesterday telling them about this new problem. Was told there is an upgrade coming in June that will fix MMS issues and possibly add group text. He wasn't clear on that last part, but I think it would be through Wifi.

He also said that Androids are getting away from group texting. Is that true? I don't see why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte