Lost photos and videos

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
1) Turn on "Automatically upload to SkyDrive" before you take any more.

2) Go drown your tears in a beer for your lost photos that you will never see again.

But really, you have no details about where they went, how did you lose them? Did you delete them thinking there was a recycle box? Was your phone ate by a shark?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have lost my photos and videos -suddenly- from my limia 620.
could someone help please how to get them back

thaqnks

seems odd, saved on the internal storage or on a microsd? if microsd, did you accidently format it?

Cant imagine how photos vids just vanish like that

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have lost my photos and videos -suddenly- from my limia 620.
could someone help please how to get them back

thaqnks

If you accidently formatted your sd, then recovering it back might be dicey. There's a free software called Recuva, try a scan from it to see if it actually finds deleted files, if it does then it will be able to recover them.

bmaclean1

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to make a WP8 phone that does not have an SD card present itself to recovery software?

The real problem (that MS should fix) is that the phone doesn't appear in the "hard drive" list of devices to be scanned when you use a recovery tool. I too need to recover some photos that I accidentally killed after vacation. I have downloaded 3 pieces of software (plus tried the free "recuva" that worked like a champ on my Android phone) with the same frustrating results. This issue was simple with my android phone.

Being forced to use SkyDrive is not a good solution. Battery life on my HTC8x is not good, and I don't want the phone constantly sending stuff to skydrive. And if it isn't constantly sending, then skydrive is not genuinely protecting against accidental deletions.

If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb