Lumia 920 battery meter's issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bachpham9475

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some weird problems on my Lumia 920. It's about the battery indicator. I use no battery apps, everytime I want to check my battery, I go to settings and down to the battery saver section, it tells me how much I have left. The problem is this morning, I went to sleep at 6 in the morning, wake up at 13:30 in the afternoon and my battery went from 90% to 83%, I guess that's normal, I lost 1% every hour ? And then I turn off my phone and restart it again just out of curiosity. When I checked after restarting my phone, the battery indicator in Settings dropped to 79%. So I restart my phone again, and my battery power continued to drop from 79% to 77% and 75%. It's really weird for me, because there's absolutely no apps running in the background, I'm at home so I only use Wi-fi, my 3G is switched to 2G and cellular data is turned off. I have this Lumia for 2 months now and the battery is always acting weird for me,even though I installed every released updates. Please suggest if I should get it fixed by a change of battery or is there a way to fix this without bringing it to Nokia Care ? I lived in Vietnam and Nokia Care Vietnam does not have a policy to return a defect unit, they just find out what's wrong and try to fix it, in like 2 months or something, so I truly hate to go to Nokia Care,(the experience is really bad), even to change a defect battery. Thank you very much for your time and attention.

mistermorriss

May 4, 2013
Visit site
The batterylife (or lack of it) is the phone's biggest problem. The internet is rife with Lumia 920 battery drain threads. Hope it can be fixed by software during an update.

Bachpham9475

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply. My question is that has anyone experienced the same issue as me ? This is not about using the phone , this is about restarting the phone and lose 2% battery power everytime, it means if I restart 37 times more than my battery will literally die without any use at all ?

Bachpham9475

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply. Is there anyone who's experiencing the same issue ? Because this is not about using the phone, this is about restarting the phone and lose 2% battery power every time. It means I can go on restarting it 37 times more then my battery will die with no use at all.

SergikUK

May 4, 2013
Visit site
If you restart the phone it uses a lot of juice to get all systems up and running. That's why it is suggested not to turn off the phone when you want to save battery for later use in the day. It is advised to keep it in a flight mode.

mike1810

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Which is ridiculous as no other phone demands this as a way to make your phone last longer. Basically, when the phone is idle, it should be losing no more than 1-2% battery per hour. Every other high quality smartphone that I have used is like this.

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
zim ali: some app is draining ur battery. Look for it, and uninstall it.

Bachpham: u aren't quite right, but every other phone does show a different battery level after a power cycle. Even the old Nokia 3310. Try it and see D:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply. Is there anyone who's experiencing the same issue ? Because this is not about using the phone, this is about restarting the phone and lose 2% battery power every time. It means I can go on restarting it 37 times more then my battery will die with no use at all.

My phone does the same, but im not losing 2%...its more like 5% for each power cycle.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not that your battery is bad. It's the OS. The battery reader in the OS is horrible

On top of that the OS is buggy and processes do get stuck which cause absurd battery drain. When this happens it's always good to restart the phone and let it sit idle for a while.

There is no need to return your phone. Hopefully this will be better in the next update.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not that your battery is bad. It's the OS. The battery reader in the OS is horrible

On top of that the OS is buggy and processes do get stuck which cause absurd battery drain.

You're referring to processes not documented by the OS (holding the back button), but the ones hidden and draining the battery unnecessarily correct?

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I normally always run my battery dry before re charging, when the phone is completely dead I do a vol down plus power to make sure the phone is completely dead, the OS battery reader is bad it try's to calculate the battery life depending on what you are doing that same moment, so if you have spent the last 10 minutes watching youtube don't be surprised if you go in and see that the battery life left is two hours.

Like many people mentioned before, the OS doesn't handle rouge apps and process that run in the background(orphan processes), I really hope MS fixes the majority of these issues because not only are they behind on features and capabilities if us users keep complaining word of mouth is going to be bad.

I really like the OS and have stuck by it even though its lacking of some apps and features that I need ( VOIP client and PPTP VPN), so I have been patiently waiting for everything to get updated and I got to admit it sometimes drives me nuts.

for now unless something else really life changing comes out on the other platforms I will be sticking with Windows Phone.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^^ When you take the count of battery remaining next time doing an activity, note down the same and see the battery guage while doing the same activity after 2 hours or whatever it said.

The remaining battery life is based on the level of activity on the processor/battery life. Try to play a game and if the battery life says 4 hours remaining, it means if you continue to do the same task, the battery will go dry in 4 hours.

The only inaccurate thing is the same guage takes quite a while to reflect.

Adnan Chowdhury

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I heard about 920 Battery issues and finally upgraded 920. Oh boy my crappy old HTC Surround which was two years old and forced updated 7.8, lasted a whole day with about 8 background apps, wifi on always (not connected when screen Locked) data on. I was so excited to see 920 performance, and now it is like meh, go to sleep with 80% and wake up with the phone being dead. Utterly disappointed with Nokia and Microsoft, need to find out whether it is app draining or OS itself has weird bug

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
my 920 doesn't drain while on standby ifi leave it overnight.

On the issue with resetting the phone and getting a different %, that seems to be an issue with the device my % cuold be 90%, if i reset, it will be 82%. Not sure why, seems the phone doesn't reflect the battery strengh left properly so im not certain which is actually the right batter level.

My 920 will die at 4%, so it never goes to 0%.

jills4824

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 920 yellow on 21st Apr 13 & since then have been facing issues with Battery life. Here are some observations

1) Firstly it use to last for about 8-9 hours (With decent amount of Whatsapping) after a full charge (i use 2G .. i have 3G but it's a battery killer)
2) The charging use to take around 1 hour initially for a full charge.
3) If I remove Whatsapp & use the 2G network for calling & internet then with decent use the battery will last for around 20-22 hours.
4) I experience battery drain after playing games even though I have closed them properly.
5) Recently the battery life has improved to 12-13 hours with Whatsapp & FB Chat on (though I am not that active a user).
6) Now the battery takes around 1.45 hours for full charging.
7) The phone heats up in the rear upper half portion while playing games or if continuously doing whatsapp or when i watch videos.
8) I have faced a complete black out once for which I had to soft reset the phone & twice the phone had freezed for which I once again had to do a soft reset.
9) I also did a hard reset of the phone once after reading over the web to iron out issues related to battery (after which the phone actually started giving a better battery life of around 12-13 hours mentioned above)

The worst part is my friend has a Red Lumia 920 & he is getting a battery life of around 1 to 1.5 days for the same usage ... weird ??

Apart from battery life, the phone is plain awesome & the cam is real good.
Any help from anybody would be really useful .. please note i have followed all the tips mentioned over the web & have kept the settings accordingly.

Guys how much does your Lumia 920 last ?

Verivista

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been having similar issues. However, I found an app that discharges the battery by turning on all the phone's devices at once. By completely depleting the battery, the phone recalibrates the battery sensors. it seems to work for me, it seems to keep a better record of battery charge percentage. You might want to give it a try.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Guys, maybe this video will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYZb25iMW6M

I would consider these tips for newbies...basics to help conserve battery. I've gone well beyond these tips and the battery is still less than good. I really just think nokias devices aren't solid across the board. My device is only a month old and experiencing battery drain all over the place. Its very inconsistent, best way to put in. I'm hoping things will improve over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo