Lumia 920 battery meter's issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I would consider these tips for newbies...basics to help conserve battery. I've gone well beyond these tips and the battery is still less than good. I really just think nokias devices aren't solid across the board. My device is only a month old and experiencing battery drain all over the place. Its very inconsistent, best way to put in. I'm hoping things will improve over time.
Obviously you have a faulty device, it is a fact that there are 920 defects in welding of components due to quality control ineffective some factories around the world.
Where your 920 was manufactured?

Last edited:

jalaed abbyjohn

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i live in winnipeg as well. I bought a lumia 920 from a kijiji seller here and had the greatest headaches for battery usage. What i hadto do to resolvemy battery issues were...

1. Update to the latest firmware. The 1308 firmware was just so bad. I had overheating issues with it. After installing the1314 firmware, things improved a lot.

2. Disable xbox games syncing. This is a battery hog.

3. I set my email syncing to every 30 minutes.

4. Disable backup to cloud.

Tonight, i was able to get 5hrs of heavy usage and still have 38% battery left in the tank.

THe new firmware really made a difference.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
There is a game app called C64, its an commodore 64 emulator. I've noticed that if freezes at times and drains your phone battery at a tremendous rate. Apart from that the apps that really drain my battery are those high end games, Modern Combat 4 and Asphalt 7. From full charge my lumia 920 can drain in about 2 hours of playing these games.

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact problems. Every single issue you've raised from 1 through 9 is similar to what I deal with I bought my lumia 920 back in December. If you're saying there are friends that get 1 to 1.5 days out of their phones then something is wrong with ours. After I uninstalled whatsapp and toggled off my 4g to 2g I've found I get an average of 12hrs. The apps I've used the most arenews aggregator app, "weave" and I use my camera a lot. I took off my phone from the charger about an hour ago, made 5-10 mins of viber calls to a friend, posted and commented one picture on fhotoroom and checked 'weave news' twice, now my phone is down to 90%.
Am I asking too much out of my 920?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact problems. Every single issue you've raised from 1 through 9 is similar to what I deal with I bought my lumia 920 back in December. If you're saying there are friends that get 1 to 1.5 days out of their phones then something is wrong with ours. After I uninstalled whatsapp and toggled off my 4g to 2g I've found I get an average of 12hrs. The apps I've used the most arenews aggregator app, "weave" and I use my camera a lot. I took off my phone from the charger about an hour ago, made 5-10 mins of viber calls to a friend, posted and commented one picture on fhotoroom and checked 'weave news' twice, now my phone is down to 90%.
Am I asking too much out of my 920?

The fact that you're using 2G these days in itself is a bad representation of our phone IMO. We should be setting it to 3G at the lowest, 2G(Edge) is brutally slow and a general user cant do anything on it.

I love my L920 but this battery thing is all over the place, i've never had a smartphone with such inconsistency.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i live in winnipeg as well. I bought a lumia 920 from a kijiji seller here and had the greatest headaches for battery usage. What i hadto do to resolvemy battery issues were...

1. Update to the latest firmware. The 1308 firmware was just so bad. I had overheating issues with it. After installing the1314 firmware, things improved a lot.

2. Disable xbox games syncing. This is a battery hog.

3. I set my email syncing to every 30 minutes.

4. Disable backup to cloud.

Tonight, i was able to get 5hrs of heavy usage and still have 38% battery left in the tank.

THe new firmware really made a difference.

That is true The xbox live sync, messenger, wi fi (if you don't turn off wi fi hot spot search and auto connect), bluetooth are all battery hogs along with certain apps i.e skype is known to be battery hog as well. However since I use outlook.com for the push email, I have it set to sync when an email arrives as I found oddly enough using any other interval has a bigger battery drain. Also it is best to use the wi fi keep alive under lock screen as it takes even more battery turning it off and on when your screen times out. Which is also another factor for battery drain as a lower interval will help save more battery, speaking of the screen lowering the brightness or setting to auto helps. Also make sure if you were listening to music, use a stop the music app - this should have been implemented in the bloody o/s! anyway disable all background tasks for the apps you do not have pinned to your start screen (some you can't disable unfortunately).

My personal set up is:

Xbox Sync: Off
Music & Video: cloud collection and xbox music off (i have no use for either as I use nokia music - offline mixes)
Auto upload to sky drive for pictures and videos: Off
Bluetooth: Off
Wi Fi: On (everything under advanced is off apart from Keep alive when screen times out) - off when i leave home and turned on when I get to the office
Data: off
Cellular Speed: 2g (I have had no reception issues on 3g i have 3 - 4 bars and it fluctuates alot where as with 2g I have full 5 bars constantly)
Back up for text messages / chats: On
Background tasks: everything that i can disable is disabled apart from nokia reading, amazing weather hd & battery.

I get on average 2 days with moderate usage, sometimes 3 with occasional usage and a full work day (17 hours to 10 hours [3g]) with heavy usage.

Oh I forgot to mention, as in the UK we currently only have EE's [rebranded T mobile & Orange merged network] moronically expensive 4g network.

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem, even worse. I had 85% of battery, rebooted and suddenly 60%. Nokia power management is crappy as hell, because I think I never had a similar issue on 8X.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem, even worse. I had 85% of battery, rebooted and suddenly 60%. Nokia power management is crappy as hell, because I think I never had a similar issue on 8X.

This happens on my Lumia 920 all the time...a reboot eats 10-20% battery. I agree its brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb