I used City Lens quite a few times and I had no problem with it.
    Now, it says that my phone can't sense motion and if I try to download it from the marketplace it tells me that the app uses features my phone doesn't have, because it requires Compass.
    I don't understand why because the app worked so many times !

Others with L720, does it work for you ?
    05-09-2013 09:44 AM
    I used City Lens quite a few times and I had no problem with it.
    Now, it says that my phone can't sense motion and if I try to download it from the marketplace it tells me that the app uses features my phone doesn't have, because it requires Compass.
    I don't understand why because the app worked so many times !

Others with L720, does it work for you ?
    Hmmm... maybe it was a fluke that it was installed. My 521 lacks a compass, and unlike WP7 Marketplace, which gave you a warning before download, Windows Store on WP8 will not let apps that require specific hardware install.

Did you perchance update the app? Despite being a newer phone, perhaps you had, originally, an older version of the application, and upon update, the hardware restrictions took effect.
    05-09-2013 11:36 PM
    I noticed some anomalies on city lens for my 720. Seems the problem was solved with an update.
    05-09-2013 11:41 PM
    Hmmm... maybe it was a fluke that it was installed. My 521 lacks a compass, and unlike WP7 Marketplace, which gave you a warning before download, Windows Store on WP8 will not let apps that require specific hardware install.

Did you perchance update the app? Despite being a newer phone, perhaps you had, originally, an older version of the application, and upon update, the hardware restrictions took effect.
    Yes I updated the City Lens application, I had the app when I bought the phone but now it doesn't work...
    05-10-2013 05:18 AM
    I noticed some anomalies on city lens for my 720. Seems the problem was solved with an update.
    You solved the problem with update, while the update stopped mine working :)) Funny.
    05-10-2013 05:19 AM
    still don't have an answer...
    05-14-2013 08:54 AM