Verizon Removed from Official Lumia 928 pics

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Originally the Verizon was seen on the top right corner of the phone in leaked picture, and in the early magazine ad.
Then, on the Lumia 928 page on Nokia's website the branding was not on the phone, but the "Phone" tile on the start menu displayed "Verizon Wireless"

Not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but the images on the official Lumia 928 page have been edited/updated. The "Phone" tile no longer shows "Verizon Wireless". In fact, it doesn't even display "Phone". There is no text on the tile at all, which gives clear indication that it has been edited.

When WPCentral posted the article about the roller coaster video for the Lumia 928, they happened to take a screenshot of the website. You can clearly see "Verizon Wireless" on the start menu. You can check out the original image in the article here :
The secret is out: Nokia shows off Lumia 928

Compare that photo to the photo you will now find on the website here:
New Nokia Lumia - Nokia - USA

Is there something going on behind the scenes? What could be the reasons for this?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My guess would be Nokia is trying to get the marketing out there for the phone itself, but Verizon isn't ready to announce it on their network.

Traldera

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
More logical explanation would be that Verizon haven't got (global, if global) exclusivity, or that the deal is still in progress.

Jdane07

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Uhhhh I'm still seeing Verizon Wireless?

Just click the other video under the phone, and the same picture comes up with the Verizon Wireless in the phone tile...

chris7191

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
It's because VZ didn't announce it yet... the text being left below the phone icon is most likely the result of someone failing to notice it.

bluetrout

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
It wasn't there earlier, maybe 2 hours ago, I checked. Saw this posted elsewhere and looked for it. But the "Verizon Wireless" is back now on the phone tile.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the pics again, I like this design better than the 920... its more symmetrical at the front, and the back also looks very nice. Nokia's design team did a very good job here.. I will bet anyone that if you put this phone next to any other Verizon phone and let 20 random people choose one based on design alone, this phone will win every time.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone not see the 4G LTE logo on the back of the phone still? That is clearly Verizon's LTE logo, so they haven't removed all Verizon branding in the photos.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This stuff is really getting old. The phone has the branding. The FCC documents show it's on the VZW bands. Really. It's coming to Verizon. It's just a question of when it will be announced and then available. Obviously it's very soon since print ads and Nokia's site are all there and harping on it.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This stuff is really getting old. The phone has the branding. The FCC documents show it's on the VZW bands. Really. It's coming to Verizon. It's just a question of when it will be announced and then available. Obviously it's very soon since print ads and Nokia's site are all there and harping on it.

No one ever said the phone was not coming to Verizon. Everyone knows Verizon is getting it. This thread is about the possibilities of OTHER carriers also getting it. Also, the point is that an official image on the website was edited after being published. So there has to be a reason that both the physical branding AND the virtual branding were both removed.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Both the back of the white phone above the speaker and the phone tile on one of the others.

There are no pictures with anything but the too half of the back of the phone exposed for me. There are no pictures that have the speaker on the back visible at all. Mind taking a screenshot and posting it here. It seems that different people are seeing different things, because the phone tile is still blank on the picture I see

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody notice that the app bar has disappeared from the screenshots? Like in the camera view, there is no app bar, just floating buttons! This a GDR2 thing? Or just lazy mockups?

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
There are no pictures with anything but the too half of the back of the phone exposed for me. There are no pictures that have the speaker on the back visible at all. Mind taking a screenshot and posting it here. It seems that different people are seeing different things, because the phone tile is still blank on the picture I see

Nevermind. IE was using an old version of the site it had in the cache. Refreshed it and it has been restored and I now see the new video which I was completely clueless about this whole time... haha

cjghome

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got an e-mail from Nokia stating the released date for the Lumia 928....Darn...just starting to read the e-mail and my Trophy just rebooted.....now it won't turn back on....Oh no my Verizon logo just disappeared....Damn!!!! ...Now I'll never know what day its being shipped....Evil Verizon.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs