Nokia Lumia 720 got stuck since an hour

bijendra

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 720 got stuck since an hour and button problem

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
At this point I know of three reasons (and fixes)

1. Corrupted SD-card. Copy all files to PC, then format it by using the phone option to do it, then copy files back. See if that helps.
2. Home-cut simcard. For some reason a few Lumia 620's and 820's are having reboots because of self-cut simcards. Replaced them both with original microsims, problem mostly solved.
3. Lockscreen widgets (Whatsapp, Viber, Skype). When I have either those 3 set to my lockscreen and I recieve a message, the phone screen won't turn on. It will still vibrate on volume keys, but the screen remains black. When I do not have those, this happens far less to practically never.

Tandon

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a ton... read ur advice and it helped...i got this fone few days back and since two days it was switched off ....was worried that i will have to run to get it done...hope the problem doesnt occur again...thanks a lot.....

Prachi Jagtap

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine has happened thrice in 3 months with my 720!! :(
It switches on with the hard boot but need some fix for this.. any suggestions!?! Or do we need to just keep going on this way! :S :(
The phone is awesome otherwise..

Wajahat swati

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
i bought nokia lumia 720 2 days ago and it got stuck after a call was missed... while i tried to c whose number was that... the phone did not respond for some time i swaitched it off...... but switch on button was not working..... so i pressed volume key with the switch on button for sometime it vibrated and nokia screen appeared..

Jignesh Jain1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
lol nokia got to find a permanent solution for this
evry time we reset phone we need to soft reset also
this is sick
I already gave an email for this to MS they told they would look into matter

nutan

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
when ever i insert my memory card of 4 GB and switch on my NOKIA LUMIA 720 , it DOESNOT start. only "NOKIA" starting 1st screen starts appearing . Even after rebooting/restarting the phone also it doesnot start. but as i remove my memory card it starts booting. I have formatted my memory card and then reinserted; then also its NOT HAPPENING. HELP ME GUYS. Today i went to nokia care also they have reinstalled everything then also its not working with Memory Card. HELP.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
when ever i insert my memory card of 4 GB and switch on my NOKIA LUMIA 720 , it DOESNOT start. only "NOKIA" starting 1st screen starts appearing . Even after rebooting/restarting the phone also it doesnot start. but as i remove my memory card it starts booting. I have formatted my memory card and then reinserted; then also its NOT HAPPENING. HELP ME GUYS. Today i went to nokia care also they have reinstalled everything then also its not working with Memory Card. HELP.

Have you tried different memory cards? Also, be very careful when inserting the memory card. It is very easy for the card to come loose in the carrier when you're inserting it, which will cause issues.

If you're getting the same issue with different memory cards, I would return the handset for a refund or take it back to Nokia Care for repair.

mohit sood

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Me facing same issue i even tried hard reset but it wont start ahead of nokia logo no matter how long u leave cell... And in Pune Shivajinagar nokia customer care tried to cheat me by giving me sum1else dead phone telling me while software flashing i phone got bricked bt i had few straches on cell phone for which i asked then to show on body... I made a over there and after half our they brought my cell in working condition leaving this issue as it was... You tell me how can i trust these nokia care people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss