Nokia Lumia 720 got stuck since an hour

Simhachalam

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi There,

I have a problem with my 3days old Nokia Lumia 720. I switched off to insert memory card into my mobile and while switching on it got stuck displaying Nokia Logo on the screen and none of the dedicated key are working:(. Its been 2 hours now. Has anyone faced such problem with Lumias? Can we ask for a replacement for such issue?

Thanks.
Simhachalam.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,

I have a problem with my 3days old Nokia Lumia 720. I switched off to insert memory card into my mobile and while switching on it got stuck displaying Nokia Logo on the screen and none of the dedicated key are working:(. Its been 2 hours now. Has anyone faced such problem with Lumias? Can we ask for a replacement for such issue?

Thanks.
Simhachalam.

Hold down the power and volume down button until the phone vibrates and powers off.

Simhachalam

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks ttsoldier; It worked and my phone functioning now. One question, is it normal the device hang like that? Please let me know what needs to be done to avoid that to repeat in future?

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ya mine got stuck the second day making me do a soft reset. My concern is whether this will turn into a routine hindrance helppppp

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
No, its not turning into a routine. Mine did that also once pretty soon after getting the phone. Now been two and half months and nothing. This is nothing to do with different models, its WP8 having a flue time to time.

edit. I have Lumia 920

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya mine got stuck the second day making me do a soft reset. My concern is whether this will turn into a routine hindrance helppppp

Windows Phone 8 and apps are software. Software has bugs. Bugs sometimes cause 'hangs'. Hangs require a reboot. Fortunately on my 720 this has only happened very occasionally, so you probably don't need helpppppp, you just need to reboot the phone.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I can blame bad OS installition on this. Try to hard reset your phone if didn't fix it the issue you may need a reflash.

vampirevaz

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 and apps are software. Software has bugs. Bugs sometimes cause 'hangs'. Hangs require a reboot. Fortunately on my 720 this has only happened very occasionally, so you probably don't need helpppppp, you just need to reboot the phone.

Tx that made me feel better, and it hasnt happened since .....

saunty

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Grea8 info.....resolved my problem!
Just 2 days back got my lumia 720 from ebay, seems while keeping it in my jeans pocket somehow it got locked or so.
Was unable to switch it on properly, pressing on button together with volume up resolved the problem.

Is there any way to lock the side keys??/

jeet bhatia

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I got the same problem twice in 4 days. Obviously it was turned on again after an hour of, shall we say, unconsciousness. But the sad part is that even after investing so much this happened. It seems now my phone is precarious and will hang anytime. Whatsapp takes ages to load even after i turned off all the background tasks and deleted all the temp files and turned off the location. I don't know why this happens but if it happens again i am going to report it back to nokia and ask them to replace the set. Don't know if they will. One more thing, when i opened this WPCENTRAL forum on my 720, it wouldn't type. The keyboard would pop up and slide back (minimize) in a second. Does anyone know why?

Somu612

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! Had the same problem. Switched off on the second day! Hopefully it won't continue.. This is my second Lumia phone. And I didn't buy Android for a very good reason. I hope it doesn't let me down.

jai3208

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 720 got stuck while playing a game

Hi,
Just read your post, it was very useful. I was playing this game called Drag Race consistently for an Hour and suddenly the phone hangs, the music of the game is playing but buttons don't work. Then I searched on google and found this post and pressed the volume and On/Off button together the phone restarted. I don't why this happened? But the advice here did save me the bother and money of going to technician.

hemant kaushik

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
my set is 3 weeks old and i am facing a hell lot of trouble in using my set with switch on off... the most recent that happened two days back is that my screen got blanked and then i tried every thing... but noting happened then i took it to nokia care there it switched on properly but still they updated it.. then today while listening music with my earphone the volume keys are showing variations but the sound is still the same.. i checked my earphone it was ok so, i formatted my memory card as suggested i such cases by nokia care people.. then after inserting my set got hanged nothin is happening and now as it switched off auto. its not turning on...

at my wits end,, tried everything,,, and what should i do to xchange my set??,, (may be its a defective one)

mrinals19

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Even It stuck, try to hold the power key for a while and leave it as it is. within some times it should get switchoff...
It happened with me while playing 'Royal Revolt'....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss