8X Help please!!

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello new to WPC so bare with me. Thinking of trading my 4S for a 8X. Used to have a trophy and it was nice. How does everyone like the 8X? Will it get updates for the next few years.? When I got the Trophy it didn't receive any next gen updates so don't want that problem again! I will post more questions if I think of them.

Would this be a good trade for me? Thanks!

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft have said that current wp8 devices will get all up coming updates, GDR2/3, and windows blue. It has been reported Microsoft is currently testing GSR2 on 920 and 8x.

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I love mine, and I'm pretty sure it will be updated for a while to come. It should get the WP version of Windows Blue or whatever the next big update is called, whenever that comes out.

While the Trophy never got any "next-gen" updates, it was pretty well supported (although I doubt it will ever get 7.8).

Anyway, I went from Trophy to 8X and I don't regret it a bit.

Simpsoid

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I love mine, and I'm pretty sure it will be updated for a while to come. It should get the WP version of Windows Blue or whatever the next big update is called, whenever that comes out.

While the Trophy never got any "next-gen" updates, it was pretty well supported (although I doubt it will ever get 7.8).

Anyway, I went from Trophy to 8X and I don't regret it a bit.

Both my wife and daughter have Trophys and they both got 7.8 although only in last couple of weeks for my wife's one.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Stick with the 8x, best design and feel, better screen. I've used both, in my opinion the Nokia is just hype other than the camera, and its a brick compared to the 8x. As far as apps only for the Nokia, no big deal, I have found what I need with no problem.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Foroplex

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The big difference between the 8X and the 928, besides the camera, refresh rate, and sensitive screen is the storage space.

eman67us

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 8x last Dec and its been buggy. I still like it, especially the design and processer speed. The new ones are probably better built. My only complaint is that there's too much focus on Nokia only apps.

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I love my 8x I really would like the 928 just for the bigger screen and to have amoled again since I came from a gs3. But to be honest I don't think the Nokia phones feel nearly as nice in the hand as the HTC. And it sucks that some good apps are Nokia exclusive. The Nokia just feels like such a thick heavy block in comparison.

papahood

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
this is my first windows phone and gotta say I'm very happy with it. I've experienced no lag like some of the android phones I've had. Still a learning curve but everyday learn something new. As far as updates I've had this thing about 2 months now and it has received 3 updates if I'm not mistaking. so I'm sure it will be kept in the loop for quite some time.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It will receive updates for at least 18 months like all other WP8 devices. If you like watching video and listening to music on your phone then the 8X is the one to go with since it has a built in amp for sound and a 16:9 aspect ratio which matches most TV programs produced today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786