Sudden boost in space!

pauleyKills

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is an OS thing or just my Lumia 920 but the other day my free space suddenly jumped from 227 mb to 889 mb!
It happened right after I got the warning that says my free space is getting low and i need to free up some space.
After that I went to check on my free space, but I already knew it was somewhere around 227 before last time I checked and because I gotta lot of music, photos, and apps that I need in my phone. It just jumped to 889 mb! I tried restarting the phone. Still 889. Tried soft resetting too...still the same! Is this bad news? Because I scanned the phone for anything that has been deleted but everything is the same as before.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have the latest 1308 update then the OS will automatically clear out temporary files that are no longer needed. This is probably what has happened in your case. There is also the possibility that some of the "Other" storage has been re-allocated back to you considering the low space warning you received prior to the extra storage being reported.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers