Nokia Official Announcement

baaahthesheep

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Wait, 16.2 hr talk time for 928 vs 9 hr for 920? That's a major change....

Yeah that's pretty impressive. Even by making it thinner, Nokia really didn't skimp out on anything. I was a little worried they would.
3G standby time also goes from 320 hours to 541 hours, music playback 52 to 80.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have this phone on day one? I signed up for the 50$ gift card if you buy any phone with them this year promo they had going earlier this year, so i would like to pick it up there so i can get a free wireless charger with it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I really liked the way the 920 looks. Think it is an amazing looking phone.

This 928 just looks better. I think I am getting a centerfold from a cell phone geek magazine and plastering it on my wall....

Lack of colors wouldn't keep me away. Although, I am betting we will see a few more choices in the next few months.

WizeGuyDezignz

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
yes that is correct. its 499.99 off contract this is from my corporate rep, enjoy!

Damn, that's crazy!! That's an automatic day one buy for me. When you mean corporate rep does that mean it will be that price in retail stores too? There is a Microsoft Store where I live so I would probably just buy it from them if I could.

Also, is there any type of pre-order? What is my best bet to get this phone? Thanks!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if Best Buy will have this phone on day one? I signed up for the 50$ gift card if you buy any phone with them this year promo they had going earlier this year, so i would like to pick it up there so i can get a free wireless charger with it.

I would expect them to have it at a better deal than Verizon's price. On day one of 822, Verizon had the 822 for $199 minus $50 mail in rebate. Worst Buy had it online for $149, and in-store for $99. But Walmartwireless.com had it free, but not in stock yet. I walked into Worst Buy and told them I wanted a price match, and walked out with a free 822.

As for wireless chargers, I picked up two of them a week or so ago when paydeals.com had it for something like $20 or $25 IIRC, in preparation of the 928 coming. No point in buying the wireless charging back for 822 when I knew I wasn't going to keep using it.

Also, the wireless charger for cars should be coming out soon..... When they announced it in Feb, they said May availability.... :wink:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad they went with a glossy back instead of matte. I was getting bored of matte finish phones.

The phone looks great with the two-tone scheme

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Damn, that's crazy!! That's an automatic day one buy for me. When you mean corporate rep does that mean it will be that price in retail stores too? There is a Microsoft Store where I live so I would probably just buy it from them if I could.

Also, is there any type of pre-order? What is my best bet to get this phone? Thanks!

That is the price for the phone at corporate stores and Verizon call in (I have never seen a price difference there) He said the info just popped up in his screen and had the pricing so it had nothing about pre orders, just its going to be sold on the 16th.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, thats it done then, definately US only. Makes me wonder about London then. They wont announce a '925' after a '928', its literally backwards. Maybe we will get a 930?

But yeah....feeling sorry for you guys with no colour options :(

They announced an 810 after an 820, so why not?

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Introducing the Nokia Lumia 928 - a new expression of the world's most innovative smartphone
Exclusive to Verizon Wireless... /snip

exclusivity fail yet again. Guess they didn't learn the first time. No wonder their investors are nearly set to form a lynch mob in recent news

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
exclusivity fail yet again. Guess they didn't learn the first time. No wonder their investors are nearly set to form a lynch mob in recent news
Wait couple of days and Catwalk will be announced globally. North America had 200 million euro revenue for Nokia in Q1 while Europe had 1.6 billion euros on mobile phones (NSN or Nokia's otherbusines not included).

Lumia 928 in the end is just a Lumia 920 variant. Though I do like the added xenon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb